Patsy Palmer to have 6-months off from EastEnders
Patsy Palmer is set to have six months off from 'EastEnders'.
The 39-year-old actress - who portrays fiery Bianca Butcher in the BBC One soap - and her onscreen mum Lindsey Coulson (Carol Jackson) are both having extended breaks from Albert Square over the summer.
Patsy has been given time off from taking charge of her onscreen family to spend more time with her own four kids - Charley, 20, Fenton, 11, Emilia, 10, and 16-month-old Bertie - and the flame-haired star will bow out at the end of the month after Bianca has an ''explosive argument'' with Carol.
A source told the Daily Mirror newspaper: ''Bianca's emotional struggle for survival will grip viewers over the next couple of weeks.
''The explosive argument with Carol is sure to break people's hearts as they realise just how close to the edge she is.''
Carol is set to take her grandchildren to live in the country after Bianca's life takes a turn for the worst when she steals food to feed her family and resorts to borrowing money from a loan shark, who she struggles to repay.
A show insider explained: ''Bianca knows what she is doing is wrong but she acts in the best interests of her kids who mean the world to her.''
Bianca and Carol are both due to return to Albert Square towards the end of 2012.
A show spokeswoman said: ''Patsy and Lindsey will be back on screen later this year.''11-04-2012
- Lydia Bright wants to do I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!
- Hugh Bonneville: Downton Abbey finale will be 'extraordinary experience'
- Jeremy Clarkson: Don't blame producer for my sacking
- Joey Essex to quiz UK politicians
- Dion Dublin to host Homes Under The Hammer
- Phillip Schofield hates getting older
- Louie Spence wants to judge Strictly Come Dancing
- Samia Ghadie announces she's pregnant