Lee Mack sheds two stone before strip scene
Lee Mack lost two stone because he was so worried about his naked scene on 'Not Going Out'.
The 43-year-old comedian - who stars alongside Tim Vine, Sally Bretton and Katy Wix on the BBC One sitcom - ate mince and onions for breakfast for ''two months'' as part of his diet and got a spray tan until he felt comfortable enough with his nude look.
He said: ''There are a few scenes where I had to strip naked, so I got a spray tan and lost two stone. I went on the Atkins diet for two months -- and had mince for breakfast every day for two months.
''I loved it, although I don't think it's particularly healthy. I had the mince with onions and I stank -- but I've got three kids now so I can do that.
''I wasn't too bothered about stripping off after losing the weight and getting the tan. It doesn't really bother me because, when you reach a certain age, I've accepted the fact I'm looking towards getting a body like Albert Steptoe.''
But Lee will not be getting a regular spray tan because he finds it much ''easier'' to ''look like a mess'', and he insists he will never go under the knife to improve his looks.
He added to The Sun newspaper: ''Anyway, I do have to wear make-up on TV! And I'd like to point out that I didn't keep going with the spray tan thing afterwards.
''It wasn't out of vanity -- I had to get it or I'd have looked like a polar bear in a sitcom.
''Standing there naked, being sprayed in a nappy thing, was weird. You have to wear the nappy or you get brown marks on your white parts -- never a good look.
''But I haven't had a spray tan since and I'd never have Botox. It's too much effort looking good.
I like looking a mess. It's easier. I've grown a beard at the moment while I'm writing, and once you have got a beard then anything goes.''13-04-2012
- Michelle Keegan and Mark Wright's wedding guests need two outfits
- Sinitta has to change her Wikipedia page everyday as pranksters change her age
- Stephanie Waring dating footballer Danny Simpson
- Fatboy Slim won't do Strictly Come Dancing
- Lauren Goodger wants to be 'the next Jordan'
- Kayvan Novak thinks there are minimal opportunities for 'ethnic actors'
- WWII bomb puts Britain's Got Talent live shows in jeapordy
- Anita Dobson rules out EastEnders return