Nigel Pivaro: Corrie is the only TV job I wanted
Nigel Pivaro says 'Coronation Street' is the ''only job'' he would've returned to acting for.
The 52-year-old star - who is reprising his role as Terry Duckworth on the ITV1 soap - admits the bad boy character has followed him around off-screen and he still gets ''negative'' reactions while out and about.
Nigel - who started a career as a journalist in 2006 - said: ''Never a day goes past when somebody doesn't make a reference. One day I get four or five negative encounters and I'm left loathing all humanity, and the following day for no reason it's the opposite. People are offering to carry my bags!
''But 'Corrie' is the only job that could have tempted me back to acting.''
Nigel has found it ''odd'' on the 'Coronation Street' cobbles without his former onscreen mother and father Liz Dawn and Bill Tarmey, who played Jack and Vera Duckworth before retiring from the roles, and he still expects them to appear during filming.
He added to Inside Soap magazine: ''I shed a few tears for Liz and Bill when they came out of the show. I've tried to prepare myself for them not being around, but there's still a strangeness to it.
''I keep expecting Bill to turn up behind me armed with a script and ask when we're going to run lines together. They were a big presence in the green room too, so it's odd.''15-04-2012
- Tila Tequila wants a second chance on CBB
- Jamie Laing wants to be British Jimmy Kimmel
- CBB's Bobby Davro allegedly 'had sex' with best friend's wife
- Cheryl Fernandez-Versini blasted by X Factor hopeful
- Google-obsessed Kirk Norcross
- Tila Tequila to sue CBB bosses?
- Strictly ban for EastEnders' Linda
- Phillip and Holly can't wait for This Morning reunion