Nigel Pivaro: Corrie is the only TV job I wanted
Nigel Pivaro says 'Coronation Street' is the ''only job'' he would've returned to acting for.
The 52-year-old star - who is reprising his role as Terry Duckworth on the ITV1 soap - admits the bad boy character has followed him around off-screen and he still gets ''negative'' reactions while out and about.
Nigel - who started a career as a journalist in 2006 - said: ''Never a day goes past when somebody doesn't make a reference. One day I get four or five negative encounters and I'm left loathing all humanity, and the following day for no reason it's the opposite. People are offering to carry my bags!
''But 'Corrie' is the only job that could have tempted me back to acting.''
Nigel has found it ''odd'' on the 'Coronation Street' cobbles without his former onscreen mother and father Liz Dawn and Bill Tarmey, who played Jack and Vera Duckworth before retiring from the roles, and he still expects them to appear during filming.
He added to Inside Soap magazine: ''I shed a few tears for Liz and Bill when they came out of the show. I've tried to prepare myself for them not being around, but there's still a strangeness to it.
''I keep expecting Bill to turn up behind me armed with a script and ask when we're going to run lines together. They were a big presence in the green room too, so it's odd.''15-04-2012
- Jake Quickenden's 'inner beauty'
- Simon Cowell defends Nick Grimshaw hiring: 'No one knew who I was'
- The Voice don't want X Factor 'cast-offs'
- Peter Capaldi: New series of Doctor Who has epic sweep
- Michelle Keegan 'fantastic' in first film role
- Sinitta ready to The Voice if Simon axes her from X Factor
- James Jordan and Jasmine Lennard check out of Big Brother Hotel
- Simon Cowell wants Olly and Caroline to create se-X Factor