Geri Halliwell to be new X Factor judge
Geri Halliwell is expected to become the fourth permanent member of the 'X Factor' panel.
The former Spice Girls singer will join Gary Barlow, Louis Walsh and Tulisa Contostavlos at tomorrow's (23.05.12) auditions in Liverpool as a guest judge but show bosses have told her she will be given the position on a permanent basis if she impresses.
A source told The Sun newspaper: ''Geri is not just a guest judge - she's a judge-in-waiting.
''We want her to do it and she wants to do it. We will be watching her like a hawk in Liverpool and fingers cross it will go well and she'll be signed.
''We're not talking to anyone else.''
Geri - who was a guest judge on the programme in 2010 and a panelist on 'Popstars: the Rivals' in 2002 - is said to be thrilled at the prospect of a permanent role on the show.
An insider said: ''She is bursting at the seams with excitement.''
If Geri fails to impress and doesn't get the job, show supremo Simon Cowell has lined up a number of US stars who could take over the seat left vacant by Kelly Rowland.
Rita Ora, Avril Lavigne and Alicia Keys are also said to be in consideration.
A source told the Daily Star newspaper: ''The clock is ticking to grab someone fast.
''When you sign up to be a judge on 'The X Factor' you're giving up five months of your life so your diaries need to be cleared for the rest of the year.''22-05-2012
- Joey Essex to launch reality TV show?
- Joey Essex and Amy Willerton voted off I'm A Celebrity
- Nicole Scherzinger gushes about Gary Barlow
- Ashley Taylor Dawson: Juggling shows is torture
- Sheridan Smith and Angela Rippon win at Women in Film and TV Awards
- Melanie McCabe backs Sam Bailey for X Factor win
- Rebecca Ferguson sick before X Factor performance
- Julie Hesmondhalgh: filming last Corrie scenes was 'upsetting'