Ruth Brown watched over by father
'The Voice' star Ruth Brown believes her father is watching her performances from heaven.
The singer's father sadly passed away from stomach cancer just days before her audition for the show, but Ruth - who is mentored by Sir Tom Jones on the show - credits him with her success.
She told The Sun newspaper: ''I often dream about him the night before I sing.
''I can feel his presence and that's very comforting.
''He gives me strength when I am singing and I think about him a lot when I perform.''
Ruth also told how singing on the BBC One show has helped her start to come to terms with her loss.
She added: ''Doing 'The Voice' has definitely helped me so much. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have this.''
The show favourite also told how starring on it has helped improve her confidence, and come to terms with the pain she suffered at the hands of school bullies.
She said: ''It was so bad, I kept telling myself it can only get better.
''I guess I am proof that if you work hard, you can get to do what you want.
''You need to hang in there as it will get better.''
'The Voice' returns tomorrow night (26.05.12) on BBC One.25-05-2012
- Spencer Matthews 'bored' of Made in Chelsea
- Sam Bailey to 'pole dance' in X Factor final
- Artem Chigvintsev and Kara Tointon to split?
- Union J back Sam Bailey to win X Factor
- Darcey Bussell regrets Strictly Come Dancing scoring
- Mark Wright: Michelle Keegan leaving Corrie with a 'bang'
- Hayley Tamaddon's soap pain
- Helen Flanagan wears sexy Santa outfit to back PETA campaign