Katherine Kelly lands presenting job
Katherine Kelly has landed a presenting job on 'This Morning'.
The former 'Coronation Street' star is hosting a four-part mini-series called 'Kelly's Heroes' where she will tour the UK looking to meet charity workers and campaigners.
A source said: ''Kate was immensely popular with 'Coronation Street' viewers and ITV bosses thought thought she'd be a natural in front of the camera, if given her own format.
'''Kelly's Heroes' will be screened on Monday and the hope is that it will lead to other things. Kate is one of ITV's golden girls and has a big future.''
Commenting on the news, the 32-year-old star said she was ''humbled'' by the job, which has already been recorded.
She told the Daily Mirror newspaper: ''I'm really excited about the 'This Morning' project, although I had no idea just how difficult presenting actually is.
''I got to meet all these ordinary people doing extraordinary things - all oblivious to how inspirational they all are. It was very humbling.''
Katherine joined 'Coronation Street' as feisty Becky in 2006 before leaving earlier this year.31-05-2012
- Spencer Matthews: I want to be biggest TV villain
- Ben Daniels joins The Paradise
- Simon Cowell bored of TV talent shows
- Gary Lineker's brother Wayne joins TOWIE
- Helen Flanagan admits 'shoplifting'
- Jack P. Shepherd and fiancée expecting second child
- Big Brother plans 'summer of hell'
- Simon Cowell 'dreading' Britain's Got Talent live finals