Ant and Dec knew Red or Black would flop
Ant and Dec knew 'Red or Black' would be a flop when they hosted it last year.
The first series of the show was broadcast every night for a whole week, and hit by controversies - including the revelation that the winner of the £1 million prize had a violent past - but this year the hosting duo have vowed to turn it around.
Ant McPartlin told The Sun newspaper: ''We kind of figured it was a Saturday night show last year. We all got that wrong and hold our hands up to that.
''When we had a winner on the first night, we all got back to our dressing room and said, 'We shouldn't be doing this again tomorrow, it should be weekly.'
''It would have been nice to do six weeks on a Saturday night.
''And we had some unfortunate situations with some of the contestants, which overshadowed the show, probably disproportionately.''
Changes to the format include reducing the number of contestants, so there are just eight per show, which are whittled down by a series of 50/50 Red or Black gambling challenges.
It has already been revealed that one contestant on the new series of show, Graham Fletcher, takes home £1.5million.
Meanwhile, Ant revealed filming of the programme - devised by 'The X Factor' supremo Simon Cowell - was so tense he almost fainted, after having been out for a few drinks the night before.
He said: ''Can you believe they don't have air con in the studios? I nearly fainted.
''After being out watching the England game the day before and then walking in with a bit of a hangover and facing that heat, it's not a nice mix.''
'Red or Black' returns to ITV 1 in August.29-06-2012
- Corrie's Peter kisses Tina on wedding day
- will.i.am promises new Voice catchphrases
- Matt Smith's life changed with Doctor Who
- Matthew Wright and Vincent Simone booted off I'm A Celebrity
- Susanna Reid's Strictly schedule takes its toll
- Ant and Dec: Campmates are being themselves
- Beauty School Cop Out Scarlett get 'posh' intimate makeover
- Helen Flanagan and Scott Sinclair back together