Bo Bruce's mother has passed away
Bo Bruce's mother has died from pancreatic cancer.
The 26-year-old singer - who was a runner up on the first season of 'The Voice' - is in mourning after her mum Rosamond Winkley lost her six month battle with the disease and is spending time with her loved ones.
A statement on her official website said: ''Bo's mother Ros passed away peacefully in the night, at home, surrounded by loved ones.
''Bo would like to thank all of you for the messages of love and support, they mean so much to her. She promises she will be back before too long, for now she is spending quiet time with her close friends and family.''
Bo - whose real full name is Lady Catherine Anna Brudenell-Bruce - cancelled an appearance at the T in the Park festival to be with her mother last week.
She has been estranged from her father, the Earl of Cardigan, David Brudenell-Bruce since he divorced her mother seven years ago, but he tried to get back in touch when she appeared on the BBC show.
A source said: ''Lord Cardigan has been in touch with Bo since she appeared on 'The Voice'. He's been emailing her and wants to see her. But she doesn't want anything to do with him.''05-07-2012
- Alan Fletcher signs up for Celebrity Big Brother
- EastEnders Janine Butcher to mow down David Wicks?
- Rylan Clark excited to work with Carol McGiffin
- George Lamb helping homeless at Christmas
- Lucy Mecklenburgh parties with TOWIE pals at Christmas
- Jenna Coleman: I'll miss Matt Smith
- Simon Cowell to change X Factor rules?
- Jorgie Porter in tears after Hollyoaks exit