Corrie's Peter Barlow afraid of losing son
'Coronation Street's Peter Barlow kidnaps his son Simon because he is afraid of losing him.
The alcoholic bookie attempts to go on the run with the youngster because he is worried about losing custody of him to Simon's step-mother Leanne and Chris Gascoyne, who plays Peter, says the frustrated dad is running out of options.
He explained to Inside Soap magazine: ''He feels he has no choice; Peter is running out of options. Simon doesn't know what's going on though - he thinks Peter's taking him on holiday. But then Simon starts to worry and calls Leanne, and Peter starts to panic. He's gone too far with this now and he can't turn back.''
Peter wants his girlfriend Carla Connor (Alison King) to go on the run with him but Chris doesn't believe there is a future for the couple even if they escape with Simon.
He said: ''I don't think there's a future for any of them under those circumstances. That's what's so sad about it. Peter has this idea that he can sail away to the other side of the world and be happy but there's too much at stake. What he wants is ultimately not possible.''11-07-2012
- Amanda Holden to 'shadow' Holly Willoughby on This Morning set
- James 'Arg' Argent urged to stop partying
- Tom Daley planning to tie the knot?
- Simon Cowell blames BBC producers for clash
- Jay Gardner defends Ricci Guarnaccio
- Claire King has left Celebrity Big Brother house
- Catherine Tyldesley is engaged
- Kellie Bright 'honoured' by difficult rape storyline