Matt Smith loves young Dr Who fans
Matt Smith loves young 'Doctor Who' fans.
The 29-year-old actor - who is the eleventh person to play the iconic character - appreciates children who watch the show because they view it in a different way to the adults that are interested.
He said: ''I like children. I like spending time with children, because they're interesting, and they're interested. They're not cynical. I trust the responses of children. I trust their honesty. I watch children to see how they react to stuff. They don't miss much!
''What's nice is, they're interested in the character and not the celebrity. To children, I'm just that silly old man who travels around in a police box.''
However he is also appreciative of the US fans of the series because they are so passionate.
He added to Doctor Who magazine: ''I love the fans in America because they're good at being fans. They're passionate. But the great thing about fans here is you get a lot more kids in the UK. Kids are the best.''27-07-2012
- Spencer Matthews: I want to be biggest TV villain
- Ben Daniels joins The Paradise
- Simon Cowell bored of TV talent shows
- Gary Lineker's brother Wayne joins TOWIE
- Helen Flanagan admits 'shoplifting'
- Jack P. Shepherd and fiancée expecting second child
- Big Brother plans 'summer of hell'
- Simon Cowell 'dreading' Britain's Got Talent live finals