Matt Smith wants Corden for Doctor Who return
Matt Smith wants James Corden to return to 'Doctor Who'.
The actor - who is the 11th star to play the Time Lord - was joined by the funnyman for the series five episode 'The Lodger' and last year's 'Closing Time' and Matt would love to work with James again, if the Tony Award winner can find time.
Referring to James' recent award win for 'One Man, Two Guv'nors' and becoming a father for the first time, Matt told Entertainment Weekly magazine: ''We'd love him to return, but he's pretty busy being a Tony award-winning actor on Broadway and having a baby. But we'd love to get James back.''
Matt also revealed his excitement at coming up against his favourite villains in new episode 'Asylum of the Daleks'.
He said: ''[It's] wonderful, because I got to meet my favourite Daleks, which are actually from [Patrick] Troughton's era, I think. They're the sort of pale blue and whitey ones. They're a bit smaller actually. I think they're groovy! I mean, we've got every Dalek that exists in the world.
''They are frightening. But you can't help but go, 'God, there's 20 Daleks in a room moving around me!'''28-07-2012
- Michelle Keegan: Mark Wright doesn't mind Coronation Street kissing
- Susanna Reid is favourite to win Strictly Come Dancing
- Bruno Tonioli excited for female Strictly Come Dancing final
- David Jason found Open All Hours return 'emotional'
- Matt Smith was intimated about 'Doctor Who'
- Abbey Clancy in tears ahead of Strictly final
- Simon Cowell encouraged 'cheekier' I Can't Sing
- Ruth Langsford and Myleene Klass join Loose Women