Corrie stars banned from Strictly
'Coronation Street' stars have been banned from appearing on 'Strictly Come Dancing'.
Bosses of the ITV1 soap don't want any of their cast members taking part in the BBC One show because they don't want them taking time off to help ratings for a rival network.
A source said: ''It's a no-brainer for us. Why would we allow cast members time off to go to film a show for a rival channel?''
Michelle Keegan - who plays barmaid Tina McIntyre - was being lined up to star in the next series of 'Strictly' but 'Corrie' bosses said no before she even got a firm offer.
The source added to The Sun newspaper: ''The BBC's offer never got off the ground - we wouldn't release her from her contract.
''That goes for everyone else in the cast but we are more open when it comes to ITV shows.''
'Corrie' bosses are happy for its stars to take part in ITV reality shows like 'Dancing on Ice' and 'I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!'.
'Strictly Come Dancing' returns to TV screens in September and will once again go head-to-head with ITV's 'The X Factor'.
- Uzma: Lord Sugar's Apprentice sacking 'made sense'
- Phillip Schofield wants royal All Star Mr and Mrs
- Denise Van Outen to join EastEnders
- EastEnders' Lauren Branning to be arrested
- Starlings series two to air in July
- Amelia Lily: Sharon Osbourne's X Factor return is 'genius'
- Emmerdale star Richard Thorp dies
- X Factor 2013 judging panel confirmed