Gary Lucy joins EastEnders
Gary Lucy has joined 'EastEnders'.
The former 'Hollyoaks' hunk will play the part of charismatic banker Danny Pennant in the BBC soap, and will cause big trouble in Albert Square.
A source said: ''He oozes sex appeal.''
A statement from the BBC said: ''With his irresistible charm and luring persona, Danny is desired and envied by both men and women - girls want to be seen with him and boys want to be him.
''He will inevitably create controversial encounters and his provocative and lustful nature is bound to land him in trouble.''
The Essex-born actor's debut in the series will be in September, and comes after a period of quiet in his career following the demise of 'The Bill', where he played Will Fletcher for five years.
In 2010 he had a brief role in TV series 'The Missing', the same year he also took part in the fifth series of 'Dancing on Ice', which was eventually won by Hayley Tamaddon.
It is not known how long the character will be in 'EastEnders'.03-08-2012
- Lauren Branning to be hospitalised for drinking
- Helen Flanagan 'nervous wreck' after armed burglary
- Julian Rhind-Tutt in frame for Doctor Who role
- David Walliams 'cant believe' he gets paid for BGT
- Olly Murs wants TV role to find love
- Andy Jordan: 'Spencer is a naughty boy'
- BBC splash £15,000 on Tom Jones hotel stay
- Mario Falcone reveals suicide bid