Gary Lucy joins EastEnders
Gary Lucy has joined 'EastEnders'.
The former 'Hollyoaks' hunk will play the part of charismatic banker Danny Pennant in the BBC soap, and will cause big trouble in Albert Square.
A source said: ''He oozes sex appeal.''
A statement from the BBC said: ''With his irresistible charm and luring persona, Danny is desired and envied by both men and women - girls want to be seen with him and boys want to be him.
''He will inevitably create controversial encounters and his provocative and lustful nature is bound to land him in trouble.''
The Essex-born actor's debut in the series will be in September, and comes after a period of quiet in his career following the demise of 'The Bill', where he played Will Fletcher for five years.
In 2010 he had a brief role in TV series 'The Missing', the same year he also took part in the fifth series of 'Dancing on Ice', which was eventually won by Hayley Tamaddon.
It is not known how long the character will be in 'EastEnders'.03-08-2012
- James Jordan wants Strictly judge shake-up
- EastEnders make Mandela tribute
- Joey Essex and Amy Willerton 'closer than friends'
- Gaz Beadle plans 'ultimate reality show'
- Shane Richie finds Christmas filming strange
- Nicole Scherzinger to sing with Sam Bailey?
- Rough Copy voted off 'The X Factor'
- Ashley Taylor Dawson booted off 'Strictly'