Spencer Matthews down about Bachelor
Spencer Matthews is disappointed with ratings on 'The Bachelor'.
The 'Made in Chelsea' star took over from Gavin Henson as the lead single man on the Channel 5 show this year, and he is sad viewing figures have taken a tumble.
Asked if he was happy with how it had gone, he said: ''No, not really. It's very difficult. I've had a tough time with it. Ratings are down and it's a shame. I think the Euros and the Olympics going on at the same time - it's a difficult time to compete on TV.''
Spencer admits it is very different to filming on E4 show 'MiC' because he always has to be on form.
He added to The Sun newspaper: ''It's quite a lot of pressure to do as it's all eyes on you. It's not like 'Made in Chelsea' where you rock up a bit hungover at times, it doesn't work on 'The Bachelor'. I had to be on better form more frequently.''
Spencer has already begun filming back on 'Made in Chelsea', as bosses were desperate to have him back after the departure of Hugo Taylor.
A source said: ''Spencer is too valuable to lose. Bosses knew they couldn't continue to go from strength to strength and have a ratings winner for series four if they lost their two main guys Spencer and Hugo.
''They saw the impact Mark Wright leaving 'The Only Way is Essex' had on the show so decided it wasn't worth the risk and signed Spencer again despite his coke shame and him defecting to a rival channel.''09-08-2012
- Spencer Matthews 'bored' of Made in Chelsea
- Sam Bailey to 'pole dance' in X Factor final
- Artem Chigvintsev and Kara Tointon to split?
- Union J back Sam Bailey to win X Factor
- Darcey Bussell regrets Strictly Come Dancing scoring
- Mark Wright: Michelle Keegan leaving Corrie with a 'bang'
- Hayley Tamaddon's soap pain
- Helen Flanagan wears sexy Santa outfit to back PETA campaign