Stephen Mulhern quits BGMT for Catchphrase
Stephen Mulhern has quit 'Britain's Got More Talent' to host a new version of 'Catchphrase'.
The classic gameshow - which was originally hosted by Roy Walker - is being brought back by ITV2 and the presenter says he has made all of his mistakes on 'BGMT' and is now ready to take on the highly anticipated programme.
He told The Sun newspaper: 'Britain's Got Talent ' and 'More Talent' are great to be part of but I've always wanted to do a show that is really family orientated.
''Kids of all ages can watch 'Catchphrase' and have a guess at it. It couldn't be better for me. I'm over the moon to have been chosen to do it.
''I don't think it's a bad thing it has taken me a long time to get here. I've learnt my trade and made all my mistakes on 'Britain's Got Talent'.''
Stephen also revealed he can't wait to work on his new show and will come up with his own catchphrases to say.
He said: ''I'll use, 'Say what you see' because it's so synonymous with 'Catchphrase'.
''But I'll get it out of the way early and then move on to something different. 'See it and say it' perhaps, or 'It's on the screen, what does it mean?'
''I've been lying in bed thinking about my catchphrases ever since I signed up for it.''10-08-2012
- Jenna-Louise Coleman's strange Doctor Who mail
- Millie Mackintosh and Pro Green planning 'mini-moon' at V Festival
- Blue slam Eurovision judges
- Spencer Matthews slams TOWIE
- Stooshe want own reality TV show
- Bruce Forsyth confirms Strictly Come Dancing return
- Kelly Brook given Celebrity Juice boob cake
- Samantha Womack returning to EastEnders