Paul O'Grady breaks down in tears
Paul O'Grady was reduced to tears filming his new show.
The TV star broke down after shooting scenes for ITV1 series 'For The Love Of Dogs' - which sees the presenter follow the work of staff at Battersea Dogs and Cats Home in London - and he admits it was an emotional time for him.
Speaking about a Staffordshire bull terrier called Sparkle who had been left to die he said: ''I've never seen a dog like that. It made me sad. I thought we were a nation of animal lovers.
''I always think that it's a very fine line with abuse. If you can do that to a dog you can do it to a child.
''She was still so trusting and loving. She didn't know me but she was all over me.''
The 57-year-old star fronts the seven-part series - which sees him talking to staff who treat and re-home some of the most abused dogs and cats in the UK - and he admitted if he was in charge of the law he'd struggle to deal with the evil people who commit such awful crimes.
He told The Daily Star newspaper: ''I don't have words for people who treat dogs like that. I'm glad I'm not a magistrate, put it that way.''
The series begins next Monday (03.09.12) at 8pm.28-08-2012
- Chloe Sims wants Joey Essex and Amy Willerton romance
- Simon Cowell mocks Demot O'Leary in musical
- Sam Bailey gets advice from Ozzy Osbourne
- Abbey Clancy hoping for Stoke City backing on Strictly
- Lacey Turner to return to EastEnders
- EastEnders' Lucy Beale and Danny Pennant kiss
- Paula Lane 'satisfied' on Corrie
- Rebecca Adlington and Alfonso Ribeiro voted off I'm A Celebrity