Emmerdale character to die in live episode
A character will die on 'Emmerdale's 40th birthday live episode.
The build up to the hour long live episode of the ITV1 soap will feature two weddings and the birth of two babies, and in addition one character will be killed off in an ''untimely'' death scene, with the series producer Stuart Blackburn revealing the demise will have ''far-reaching repercussions''.
He said: ''In our spectacular live episode viewers will be taken on a whirlwind journey encompassing every life experience from the two cradles to the grave with love, hate and betrayal along the way.
''We want to avoid speculation as to which character dies but suffice to say it will have major, far-reaching repercussions.''
The celebration leading up to the live episode will last for a week, with the culmination directed by Tony Prescott on location in Emmerdale village in Yorkshire.
A music festival is also set to take place to celebrate, with Scouting for Girls revealing they were delighted to take part.
Singer Roy Stride said: '' Having played the Woolpack in 2010 we felt the next step as Emmerdale fans was to appear in the show and finally now our dreams have come true. Our Drummer Pete is the biggest Emmerdale fan I've ever met and I think we're going to have to work hard to keep him focused on the job in hand.''06-09-2012
- Kian Egan almost hospitalised in jungle
- Dancing on Ice lines up past contestant special
- Sharon Osbourne in tears after Rough Copy's X Factor exit
- Geri Halliwell to star in Trollied Christmas special
- Will Mellor: I got accused of drugging my wife
- Joey Essex and Amy Willerton are dating
- George Lamb wants interior design show
- Kian Egan hated not speaking to wife in jungle