Richard Arnold joins Strictly Come Dancing
Richard Arnold has been confirmed as a contestant on this year's 'Strictly Come Dancing'.
The 'Daybreak' star is joining the BBC show in a bid to add some fun into the proceedings, and is happy to be the ''clown'' of the 2012 series.
A source told The Sun newspaper: ''Richard is well up for the show and 'Strictly's producers hope he will promote it to viewers of 'Daybreak'.
''But it will mean they also end up promoting 'Daybreak' on 'Strictly' - which has far more viewers.''
''He will be our 'Strictly' clown this year and he is happy to play that role.
''He is hilarious and during meetings had everyone in stitches with his camp jokes.''
Confirming the news, the official 'Strictly' twitter account wrote: ''Welcome to #scd @RichardAArnold! (sic)''
Richard claims he felt like it was a ''call to arms'' to join the BBC show.
He added on twitter: ''So nervous but its like a showbiz call to arms. You can't hang up on that! #SCD (sic)''
Other stars expected to join this year's series include gymnast Louis Smith and Girls Aloud beauty Kimberley Walsh.07-09-2012
- EastEnders' Lucy Beale and Danny Pennant kiss
- Paula Lane 'satisfied' on Corrie
- Rebecca Adlington and Alfonso Ribeiro voted off I'm A Celebrity
- EastEnders' Janine Butchers confesses to murder
- Corrie's Roy Cropper goes missing after Hayley's death
- Michelle Dockery: I don't 'give a sh*t' about opinions
- Cheryl Cole to appear on Coronation Street
- Ripper Street axed