Tess Daly: 'Olympians will embrace Strictly sequins'
Tess Daly thinks Louis Smith and Victoria Pendleton will ''embrace'' sequins and body shimmers on 'Strictly'.
The 43-year-old presenter - who hosts the BBC contest alongside Sir Bruce Forsyth - believes the two Olympians may initially struggle on the show because they aren't used to the glamour, but is sure they will eventually learn to love it.
She said: ''A lot of celebrities are entertainers and used to a shiny floor and talking to camera but Louis and Vic aren't. But I'm sure they'll embrace it. Before long they will be asking for more sequins, fake tan and body shimmers.''
However, she also believes their fellow competitors will be just as nervous around them because of their athletic prowess.
She added: ''They are intimidated because they can't do triple backflips and somersaults. Victoria, took, has washboard abs, and those legs, wow.
''They are so muscular. I am obsessed by them.''
Texan model Jerry Hall is Tess' favourite of the line-up, because she believes she will not censor herself in front of the cameras.
She told the Daily Mirror newspaper: ''We can't wait to see what she's like on camera as she won't censor what she says. She is not telly-savvy like a lot of the celebs where there's a cut-off point where you can't swear.''20-09-2012
- X Factor 2013 judging panel confirmed
- Al Murray planning Pub Landlord film
- Millie Mackintosh to quit Made in Chelsea?
- David Beckham wanted for Dancing on Ice
- Coronation Street to be rocked by race scandal
- Sarah Beeny wants Dolly Parton renovation
- Jennifer Lopez to guest perform on Britain's Got Talent
- Kourtney and Khloe Kardashian wanted for I'm A Celebrity