EastEnders' Lauren Branning returns from rehab
EastEnders' Lauren Branning is set to make an unexpected return to Albert Square.
The troubled teen - played by Jacqueline Jossa - left last month to get professional help after her addiction to booze spiralled out of control and she found herself in hospital, but the brunette beauty will make a appearance in Walford this week in a bid to prove to everyone that she's on the mend.
Speaking to Inside Soap magazine, Jacqueline said: ''She feels that being away isn't helping her, and she needs to be around people she loves.
''Lauren's doing really well in terms of her physical recovery, but now she wants to impress everyone and prove she can stop drinking.''
However, Lauren could find herself returning to her old ways after she discovers Whitney Dean (Shona McGarty) has slept with her former flame Joey Branning (David Witts) while she was away.
Jacqueline explained: ''There will always be unfinished business between them [Joey and Lauren]. Lauren would like things to go back to the way they were, but she realises that it's not going to be easy.
''Joey blames himself for what happened, and even though Lauren tells him it wasn't his fault, he's pretty adamant.''31-07-2013
- Tom Baker has no Doctor Who advice for Peter Capaldi
- Helen Flanagan: London is 'b*tchy'
- Party Wright Around the World is axed by ITV2
- Don Gilet's character to cause a stir in Holby City
- Helen Flanagan not taken seriously as actress
- Laurie Brett to return to EastEnders
- BBC newsreader George Alagiah diagnosed with bowel cancer
- Helen Flanagan to have own reality show?