EastEnders' Lauren Branning returns from rehab
EastEnders' Lauren Branning is set to make an unexpected return to Albert Square.
The troubled teen - played by Jacqueline Jossa - left last month to get professional help after her addiction to booze spiralled out of control and she found herself in hospital, but the brunette beauty will make a appearance in Walford this week in a bid to prove to everyone that she's on the mend.
Speaking to Inside Soap magazine, Jacqueline said: ''She feels that being away isn't helping her, and she needs to be around people she loves.
''Lauren's doing really well in terms of her physical recovery, but now she wants to impress everyone and prove she can stop drinking.''
However, Lauren could find herself returning to her old ways after she discovers Whitney Dean (Shona McGarty) has slept with her former flame Joey Branning (David Witts) while she was away.
Jacqueline explained: ''There will always be unfinished business between them [Joey and Lauren]. Lauren would like things to go back to the way they were, but she realises that it's not going to be easy.
''Joey blames himself for what happened, and even though Lauren tells him it wasn't his fault, he's pretty adamant.''31-07-2013
- Lorraine Kelly forced off air by fire alarm
- Simon Callow wants Downton Abbey role
- Simon Cowell 'furious with Mel B over cheating claims'
- Lynda Bellingham dies at 66
- Tim Wonnacott voted off Strictly Come Dancing
- Stephanie Nala and Chloe-Jasmine Whichello voted off X Factor
- Tina O'Brien gives birth to baby boy
- Jonathan Ross to quit chat show