Coronation Street's Tina McIntyre to be killed off
Michelle Keegan's 'Coronation Street' character Tina McIntyre is to be killed off.
The beautiful barmaid will come to a sticky end in May 2014 after show bosses opted for the drastic move because they are eager to boost ratings against rival BBC soap 'EastEnders', which has recently announced a number of big-name signings.
An insider told The Sun newspaper: ''They've been weighing up whether to kill Tina off and now believe it's the way to get maximum ratings.
''It will set up a cliffhanger leaving viewers guessing who killed her. But Michelle's fans will be devastated as it means Tina will never be able to return.''
A friend of the 26-year-old actress - who is quitting the soap to broaden her acting career - insists she doesn't mind being killed off from the show.
A pal said: ''Her exit storyline will be a massive deal and she's happy with whatever the producers come up with.''
The brunette stunner - who is engaged to former 'The Only Way is Essex' hunk Mark Wright - had originally wanted to leave at the end of this month, but was convinced to stay by show executives.17-10-2013
- Noel Edmonds begs stalker to leave him alone
- EastEnders' Diane Parish to celebrate 10 years on soap with bottle of booze
- Ferne McCann's Vampire facial
- Rita Ora sparks The X Factor and The Voice bidding war
- Emmerdale's Adam Fielding quits Emmerdale
- James Norton returns to West End after four years
- Linford Christie quits The Jump
- Mario Falcone wants kids and marriage