Emmerdale's Michelle Hardwick is engaged
'Emmerdale' star Michelle Hardwick has got engaged.
The 36-year-old actress - who plays the feisty vet Vanessa Woodfield in the ITV soap - popped the question to her girlfriend Rosie Nicholl on New Year's Eve (31.12.13) while on holiday.
Speaking on BBC Radio Leeds, she explained: ''We were in Gran Canaria on holiday and it was about 9.30 at night and I got down on one knee.
''I'd had the ring for over a year. My mum is the manager of a jewellers so I'd had it sized and everything. I was thinking, 'I hope it still fits!' and it did. I was thinking, 'Her fingers will have swollen up with the heat of Gran Canaria', but it was fine.''
She added: ''I was very nervous. I was going to do it on Christmas morning, but then we got a phone call from Rosie's younger sister saying, 'Guess what, I'm engaged!' I thought, 'Oh, that's done that then!'''
However, Michelle - who has been dating Rosie for two years - is adamant the wedding won't take place this year, but she has her eye on a ''quite a big do'' when they finally tie the knot.
Although the pair won't be having a magazine covering their big day as they want it to just be friends and family present.
Michelle explained: ''I don't think we're going to go down that road [...] I think as far as the actual wedding day goes, it's for us and family and friends to enjoy.''08-01-2014
- James Nesbitt is enjoying celibacy
- David Hasselhoff's five wives in new show
- Ricky Wilson: Flirting with Rita Ora is for show
- Prince Charles pays tribute to Lynda Bellingham
- Coronation Street's Helen Worth 'delighted' by Tina O'Brien return
- Chloe Sims felt 'suffocated' by Elliot Wright
- Thom Evans 'plans to launch acting career'
- Ben Haenow plans to propose