Emmerdale's Michelle Hardwick is engaged
'Emmerdale' star Michelle Hardwick has got engaged.
The 36-year-old actress - who plays the feisty vet Vanessa Woodfield in the ITV soap - popped the question to her girlfriend Rosie Nicholl on New Year's Eve (31.12.13) while on holiday.
Speaking on BBC Radio Leeds, she explained: ''We were in Gran Canaria on holiday and it was about 9.30 at night and I got down on one knee.
''I'd had the ring for over a year. My mum is the manager of a jewellers so I'd had it sized and everything. I was thinking, 'I hope it still fits!' and it did. I was thinking, 'Her fingers will have swollen up with the heat of Gran Canaria', but it was fine.''
She added: ''I was very nervous. I was going to do it on Christmas morning, but then we got a phone call from Rosie's younger sister saying, 'Guess what, I'm engaged!' I thought, 'Oh, that's done that then!'''
However, Michelle - who has been dating Rosie for two years - is adamant the wedding won't take place this year, but she has her eye on a ''quite a big do'' when they finally tie the knot.
Although the pair won't be having a magazine covering their big day as they want it to just be friends and family present.
Michelle explained: ''I don't think we're going to go down that road [...] I think as far as the actual wedding day goes, it's for us and family and friends to enjoy.''08-01-2014
- Eleanor Tomlinson consults boyfriend before Aidan Turner sex scenes
- Top Gear live shows to go ahead under different name
- Sarah Harding cast in Coronation Street
- Chloe Lewis: The Only Way Is Essex makes you more 'heartless'
- Stacey Solomon gets 'embarrassed' talking about Steve-O
- Paul O'Grady would punch Craig Revel Horwood on Strictly Come Dancing
- Jonathan Ross: Awards ceremonies are a 'bad idea'
- Stan Lee creates superhero series for British TV