Les Dennis is joining 'Coronation Street'
Les Dennis is joining the cast of 'Coronation Street.'
The former 'Family Fortunes' presenter and comedian is set to play a petty criminal called Michael Rogers on the ITV soap, who gets caught up in the lives of a family after he breaks into their home.
Speaking about his new role, the 60-year-old star, who first came to prominence when he won the ITV talent show 'New Faces' in 1974, said: ''I am so thrilled to be joining the cast of 'Coronation Street.' It has always been my favourite television programme as it mixes high drama with some of the best comedy on screen.
''I've loved it since the beginning. I grew up watching all the amazing characters in the show. I now not only have the chance of meeting them, but also working with them. It doesn't get better than that.''
Les, who was previously married to 'Britain's Got Talent' judge Amanda Holden, is set to begin filming scenes for the show next Monday (27.01.14) and 'Coronation Street' producer, Stuart Blackburn, can't wait to welcome him to the cast.
He said: ''Les is a fantastic performer and a real coup for Corrie. I can't wait for him to join the team.''
The soap was named best Serial Drama at the National Television Awards in London on Wednesday night (22.01.14).23-01-2014
- Kieron Dyer threatens to quit I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here
- Janet Devlin wants a record deal with Simon Cowell
- The Apprentice: David 'intimidated' by Joseph
- Jennifer Lawrence thinks Passengers script is perfect
- Katie Price watches ex-husband Peter Andre on Strictly Come Dancing
- Anton Stephans: Nick Grimshaw's on my Christmas list
- Ben Haenow was 'locked' in Simon Cowell's basement
- Duncan Bannatyne's girlfriend slams Lady Colin Campbell