Stacey Branning's EastEnders struggle
Stacey Branning will attempt to keep her two worlds from colliding when she returns to 'EastEnders'.
The soap favourite played by Lacey Turner will be back on screens next month when her cousin Kat Moon (Jessie Wallace) spots her walking the streets of London, but the former Walford resident is in for a tumultuous time as her past catches up to her.
Viewers last saw Stacey flee to Spain in 2010 to avoid arrest after being framed for stabbing Janine Butcher (Charlie Brooks) - who was herself arrested for murdering husband Michael Moon recently - so Kat is extremely curious to discover she is back in London and has created a new life for herself.
A source told Inside Soap magazine: ''It's no surprise that Stacey hasn't come to say hello to everyone. She'd need to steer clear of Janine for one thing! But Kat will be able to fill her in on the developments surrounding her nemesis, which may persuade Stacey that a visit is in order.''
Since her return to London, Stacey has begun seeing city hotshot Luke - played by Busted singer Matt Willis - and fans will see her struggle to keep her colourful past from her new man.
Stacey's return to 'EastEnders' will screen on BBC One in February.23-01-2014
- Kim Kardashian West vying for a role in 'Downton Abbey'
- Peter Kay to star in new sitcom
- Dennis Waterman quits New Tricks
- Esther Rantzen considering using Tinder
- Ryan Thomas and Amy Jackson 'very happy' together
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis vistit Downton Abbey
- Ben Whishaw to star in London Spy
- Holly Willoughby cries on last day on This Morning