Matt Richardson voted Weird Crush 2014
Matt Richardson has been voted the public's top 'weird crush' of 2014.
'The Xtra Factor' presenter has topped the annual poll conducted by heat magazine, coming ahead of singer Ed Sheeran, 'The Great British Bake Off' judge Paul Hollywood and 'Made in Chelsea's socially-awkward entrepreneur Francis Boulle.
Matt said: ''I'm really happy. I really wanted it. A lot of people might be embarrassed about it, but I thought, 'I'm never going to be Torso of the Week, so I'd better win this one.' I campaigned quite hard, but Matt Edmondson was all like, 'I don't want to win it', and then started getting everyone to vote for him on the radio. But I still won. And I did it without a national radio show.''
Last year's top weird crush, Russell Howard, didn't make this year's top ten, however, new entries include 'The Wrong Mans' star James Corden.
Other stars who made the list include TV magician Dynamo, comic John Bishop and 'EastEnders' actor Jake Wood.
heat editor Lucie Cave said: ''Sexiness comes in all shapes, sizes, ages and smells, and at heat we like to celebrate the unconventional. So while 'Weird Crush' might sound like a backhanded compliment, it's actually the highest honour we can bestow.''10-02-2014
- Michelle Collins wants EastEnders return
- Mary Berry not ready to retire
- Jamie Laing doesn't want Spencer to wed
- Holly Willoughby quickly knew husband was The One
- Jessica Wright: Ricky has agenda with Marnie
- Tom Pearce left in intensive care after operation
- Gregg Wallace wants seven more kids
- Pam St. Clement owns none of Pat's earrings