Matt Richardson voted Weird Crush 2014
Matt Richardson has been voted the public's top 'weird crush' of 2014.
'The Xtra Factor' presenter has topped the annual poll conducted by heat magazine, coming ahead of singer Ed Sheeran, 'The Great British Bake Off' judge Paul Hollywood and 'Made in Chelsea's socially-awkward entrepreneur Francis Boulle.
Matt said: ''I'm really happy. I really wanted it. A lot of people might be embarrassed about it, but I thought, 'I'm never going to be Torso of the Week, so I'd better win this one.' I campaigned quite hard, but Matt Edmondson was all like, 'I don't want to win it', and then started getting everyone to vote for him on the radio. But I still won. And I did it without a national radio show.''
Last year's top weird crush, Russell Howard, didn't make this year's top ten, however, new entries include 'The Wrong Mans' star James Corden.
Other stars who made the list include TV magician Dynamo, comic John Bishop and 'EastEnders' actor Jake Wood.
heat editor Lucie Cave said: ''Sexiness comes in all shapes, sizes, ages and smells, and at heat we like to celebrate the unconventional. So while 'Weird Crush' might sound like a backhanded compliment, it's actually the highest honour we can bestow.''10-02-2014
- Ricky Wilson: Flirting with Rita Ora is for show
- Prince Charles pays tribute to Lynda Bellingham
- Coronation Street's Helen Worth 'delighted' by Tina O'Brien return
- Chloe Sims felt 'suffocated' by Elliot Wright
- Thom Evans 'plans to launch acting career'
- Ben Haenow plans to propose
- Gemma Collins quits TOWIE
- Miranda Hart announces end of BBC sitcom