Ant and Dec don't get bored of winning awards
Ant and Dec don't take their success for granted.
The 'Britain's Got Talent' and 'I'm a Celebrity ... Get Me Out of Here!' presenters won Best Entertainment Presenter at the National Television Awards last month for the thirteenth year in a row as well as the Landmark Award - which was awarded in recognition of their TV achievements over the last 25 years - but the duo claim they'll never get bored of receiving prizes.
Dec said: ''We never take it for granted. We don't expect to win anything. We work hard on our shows and we hope people will want to watch them. People ask us, 'Does it get boring turning up to the NTAs and always winning', but it's the opposite.''
The 38-year-old TV personality - whose full name is Declan Donnelly - also admitted that he's worried about the day when they no longer win awards.
He added: ''It's nerve-wracking because, one of these days, we're not going to win it and someone else will be getting all the applause.''
Meanwhile, Ant - full name Anthony McPartlin - thinks the pair have done so well in their career because, for the most part, they avoid the showbiz lifestyle.
He told The Sun newspaper: ''We did our drinking away from all the paps. We get lots of invites to things but we didn't bother going. We don't do openings or premieres. Going to a premiere is like work.
''We're more pub and football guys rather walking the red carpets.''20-02-2014
- Piers Linney has quit Dragons' Den
- Sir David Jason thanks family values for Only Fools and Horses success
- Chris Evans in 'the middle of tests' for prostate cancer
- Zoe Ball to present EastEnders aftermath show
- Julie Walters refused to play 'downstairs' role in Downton Abbey
- Hayley Tamaddon dating Joe Tracini
- Jodie Kidd splits from David Blakeley
- Katie Hopkins showered with Katie Price