Jamie Oliver pays tribute to Clarissa Dickson Wright
Jamie Oliver has led tributes to the late Clarissa Dickson Wright.
The TV chef has paid homage to the 'Two Fat Ladies' star, who passed away at Edinburgh Royal Infirmary in Scotland on Saturday (15.03.14) at the age of 66.
Jamie wrote on Twitter: ''Very saddened to hear about Clarissa Dickson Wright. She was always entertaining to watch and was of course a passionate foodie x (sic)''
'The Great British Bake Off' winner Edd Kimber also honoured the former TV cook, who starred in 'Two Fat Ladies' with Jennifer Paterson from 1996 to 1999.
He wrote: ''Sad to hear that Clarissa Dickson Wright has died, loved watching Two Fat Ladies when I was younger.''
'Daybreak' presenter Aled Jones tweeted: ''Sad to hear of the passing of Clarissa Dickson Wright - interviewed her a few times - she was lovely. (sic)''
Former 'EastEnders' actor Martin Kemp added: ''RIP two fat ladies Clarissa Dickson Wright ! (sic)''
TV star Kate Thornton also paid tribute to Clarissa, hailing her as a ''joy'' to be around.
She wrote: ''Just read the sad news that Clarissa Dickson Wright has passed away. It was always a joy to be in her company. I hope she sleeps well x (sic)''
Clarissa's agent confirmed her passing on Monday (17.03.14), saying: ''Loved dearly by her friends and many fans all over the world, Clarissa was utterly non-PC and fought for what she believed in, always, with no thought to her own personal cost.
''Her fun and laughter, extraordinary learning and intelligence, will be missed always, by so many of us.''18-03-2014
- Peter Andre fighting for Strictly place
- Lauren Goodger to return to The Only Way is Essex's Christmas special
- Strictly Come Dancing slapped with more fix rumours
- EastEnders' Charlie Slater is to be killed off
- Sean Miley Moore: Olly and Caroline 'like brother and sister'
- Susannah Constantine voted off I'm A Celeb
- Anton Stephans backing Reggie 'N' Bollie to win The X Factor
- Georgia May Foote: Strictly Come Dancing partner like my brother