Les Dennis to use burglary memory for Corrie role
Les Dennis will use his experience of being burgled for his role as a thief on 'Coronation Street'.
The comedian claims he felt ''violated'' after his former North London home was broken into while his family were sleeping, and plans to use it as inspiration for his new role.
He told the Daily Mirror newspaper: ''I know what it feels like, that violation when somebody's in your house. These people had come in, found the keys and taken the car. So we'd given the camera and all the stuff in the boot. But that was the least of our worries - it was the idea that someone had been in the house.''
Les will appear on the ITV soap on Monday (24.03.14) as Michael Rodwell, who robs the Platt household, before coming face-to-face with Gail (Helen Worth) a few months later in a government-backed restorative scheme, in which criminals are allowed to meet their victims or make amends through remedial work.
However, the 60-year-old actor admits he would have been less than forgiving if given the opportunity to meet his burglars.
He mused: ''You find yourself feeling angry. I would have liked to see them face-to-face but I don't know how sympathetic I would have been personally.''
- Louise Thompson wants to go on date with Eminem
- Simon Webbe wanted Blue competition on Strictly Come Dancing
- X Factor plan shock elimination
- Miquita Oliver: I'll weep if Bieber cleans up at 4Music awards
- Ricky Rayment taking a break from Twitter
- Nick Grimshaw wants Joan Rivers to come back from the dead
- Lauren Goodger to pose topless
- Steven Ugoalah thinks he's going to be a millionaire