Stella to end after four series
Ruth Jones says 'Stella' is to end after series four.
The actress has revealed the hit Sky 1 comedy about a single mum living in the Welsh Valleys is due to come to an end after the next series because ''it's time'' will have come.
She told The Sun newspaper: ''We have no plans to do any more after the fourth series. Everything has its time. It's good to enjoy the moment.''
The 'Gavin & Stacey' star admits the show, which she co-created, writes and stars in, took up so much of her time since it first aired in January 2012 that she is excited about finally being able to concentrate on new projects.
Ruth explained: ''It takes eight months of the year. When I set up my TV company, I knew I'd have to really commit to it and that's what I've done.
''I've thrown everything into 'Stella' and enjoyed it so much. You sow something and it grows and grows. The plan now is to develop new projects.''
Series three of 'Stella' ends tonight (28.03.14) at 9pm.28-03-2014
- Dermot O'Leary: Louis Walsh is the 'dirtiest'
- David McIntosh says Celebrity Big Brother will get 'nasty'
- Mary Berry rubbishes Great British Bake Off sabotage talk
- Cheryl Fernandez-Fersini hits back at Simon Cowell
- Martin Freeman: New Sherlock 'full of surprises'
- Vicky Pattison wants to get engaged
- Danniella Westbrook to remarry 'by the end of the year'
- Ola Jordan blasts skimpy Strictly costumes