Jermain Jackman wins The Voice
Jermain Jackman won 'The Voice' last night (05.04.14).
The singer - who wants to become the UK's first black prime minister - was overwhelmed at his victory in the live final and dedicated his win to anyone who has ''had a dream and worked'' to achieve it.
He said: ''This is not just an achievement for me, it's an achievement for everybody around the world who's had a dream and worked for that dream.''
Jermain - who beat Sally Barker and Christina Marie in the final - also offered kind words to his influential mentor will.i.am praising the impact he's had on him over the course of the show.
He added: ''I want to thank Will for everything he's done in the past few months - he's been the best coach ever.''
The Black Eyed Peas superstar took the time to offer heartfelt advice to Jermain - who wants to use his music career to help his community through politics - and insisted his ''victory'' meant much more than a win on a TV talent show.
He explained: ''I hope you know this victory is about more than just your singing - this is direction and guidance for the rest of your life.''
Before being crowned champion, the 19-year-old singer gave renditions of Miley Cyrus' hit 'Wrecking Ball' and 'I'm Telling You' by Jennifer Hudson, while also performing a duet with will.i.am on a cover of 'Pure Imagination' from 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory'.06-04-2014
- Lydia Bright wants to do I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!
- Hugh Bonneville: Downton Abbey finale will be 'extraordinary experience'
- Jeremy Clarkson: Don't blame producer for my sacking
- Joey Essex to quiz UK politicians
- Dion Dublin to host Homes Under The Hammer
- Phillip Schofield hates getting older
- Louie Spence wants to judge Strictly Come Dancing
- Samia Ghadie announces she's pregnant