Jermain Jackman wins The Voice
Jermain Jackman won 'The Voice' last night (05.04.14).
The singer - who wants to become the UK's first black prime minister - was overwhelmed at his victory in the live final and dedicated his win to anyone who has ''had a dream and worked'' to achieve it.
He said: ''This is not just an achievement for me, it's an achievement for everybody around the world who's had a dream and worked for that dream.''
Jermain - who beat Sally Barker and Christina Marie in the final - also offered kind words to his influential mentor will.i.am praising the impact he's had on him over the course of the show.
He added: ''I want to thank Will for everything he's done in the past few months - he's been the best coach ever.''
The Black Eyed Peas superstar took the time to offer heartfelt advice to Jermain - who wants to use his music career to help his community through politics - and insisted his ''victory'' meant much more than a win on a TV talent show.
He explained: ''I hope you know this victory is about more than just your singing - this is direction and guidance for the rest of your life.''
Before being crowned champion, the 19-year-old singer gave renditions of Miley Cyrus' hit 'Wrecking Ball' and 'I'm Telling You' by Jennifer Hudson, while also performing a duet with will.i.am on a cover of 'Pure Imagination' from 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory'.06-04-2014
- Paul Hollywood tried to get Mary Berry arrested
- Rochelle and Marvin Humes haven't rowed since presenting This Morning
- Coronation Street mini-bus crash
- Louise Thompson wants to go on date with Eminem
- Simon Webbe wanted Blue competition on Strictly Come Dancing
- X Factor plan shock elimination
- Miquita Oliver: I'll weep if Bieber cleans up at 4Music awards
- Ricky Rayment taking a break from Twitter