Game of Thrones writers' deadly pranks
The 'Game of Thrones' writers prank the cast by killing them off in fake scripts.
Actress Sophie Turner - who plays Sansa Stark in the hit fantasy drama - has revealed the show's scribes often give the actors joke scripts, leading them to believe they have been axed.
'Game of Thrones' is known for its high cast turnover as the deadly storylines often lead to popular characters meeting their maker.
Sophie explained: ''The scriptwriters play tricks on the cast. They wrote a script where Kit [Harington, who plays Jon Snow] got killed off and he was really paranoid about it. But it was a fake.''
Jokes and pranks aside, the 18-year-old actress admits that she found it hard growing up on set after joining the series at the tender age of 13.
Sophie told the Metro newspaper: ''It was very difficult at the beginning, particularly when I had my first crying scene. I'd never cried to order before, so I began to think of personal stuff that would make me sad and it was too much.''
To celebrate the new season, thebar.com has created a series of cocktails in honour of the show's most popular characters and most memorable moments, including the Red Wedding. Visit http://uk.thebar.com for more information.
'Game of Thrones' season four begins tonight (07.04.14) at 9pm on Sky Atlantic and is also available through NOW TV with the NOW TV Entertainment Month Pass.07-04-2014
- The Only Way Is Essex stars for I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here!
- Ed Sheeran backs X Factor's Andrea Faustini
- Mark Wright's Strictly Come Dancing partner choreographing wedding dance
- Wendi Peters 'hated' her Coronation Street character
- Fleur East gets advice from JB Gill
- Gwen Taylor battling cancer
- Kym Marsh can't have more children
- Stephanie Nala found Simon Cowell's behaviour 'odd'