Kiefer Sutherland: No plans for more 24
Kiefer Sutherland fears he is too old to continue '24'.
The 45-year-old star isn't sure he can sustain playing action man Jack Bauer in the hit counter-terrorism drama - which was recently revived for a new season, '24: Live Another Day', three years after it initially ended - and worries his body can't keep up with the death-defying stunts required for the role.
Kiefer is quoted by the Daily Star newspaper as saying: ''I have loved bringing Jack back and my heart says I want to play him until I am an old man. But my head says that now is the right time to stop.
''There are no plans to kill Jack off, and while he is alive I guess there is always a chance for a new season. But at the moment there are no plans.''
While his famous role has earned him numerous accolades, the Emmy Award-winning actor admits he can't quite fathom how he managed to film 192 episodes of '24' during its initial run from 2001 to 2010.
Kiefer explained: ''Physically, '24' is a hard show to do. I look back and see we did 192 episodes over eight seasons. I don't know how we did it. It makes you want to go take a nap.''09-06-2014
- Jake Quickenden 'done' with reality TV
- James Jordan: I'm 'broody'
- Fearne Cotton craving carbohydrates
- Charlotte Hawkins: Baby Ella is a miracle
- Martin Clunes: Men Behaving Badly return would be 'unsavoury'
- Danny Dyer to wed
- Vas Morgan gets fat freezing treatment
- Eddie Redmayne offered cameo role in Neighbours