Kiefer Sutherland: No plans for more 24
Kiefer Sutherland fears he is too old to continue '24'.
The 45-year-old star isn't sure he can sustain playing action man Jack Bauer in the hit counter-terrorism drama - which was recently revived for a new season, '24: Live Another Day', three years after it initially ended - and worries his body can't keep up with the death-defying stunts required for the role.
Kiefer is quoted by the Daily Star newspaper as saying: ''I have loved bringing Jack back and my heart says I want to play him until I am an old man. But my head says that now is the right time to stop.
''There are no plans to kill Jack off, and while he is alive I guess there is always a chance for a new season. But at the moment there are no plans.''
While his famous role has earned him numerous accolades, the Emmy Award-winning actor admits he can't quite fathom how he managed to film 192 episodes of '24' during its initial run from 2001 to 2010.
Kiefer explained: ''Physically, '24' is a hard show to do. I look back and see we did 192 episodes over eight seasons. I don't know how we did it. It makes you want to go take a nap.''09-06-2014
- Jamelia's 'overwhelming support'
- Christopher Eccleston disappointed in British television
- Michelle Connor and Liz McDonald to clash over Steve
- Michelle Visage suggests 'Celebrity Big Brother' may be fixed
- Gary 'Gaz' Beadle terrified of starring on 'Ex on the Beach'
- Jeremy Clarkson to sign three-year Top Gear deal?
- Meghan Trainor was hungover during her X Factor performance
- Heather Mills has broken every bone in her body