Jason Manford struggled as a single dad
Jason Manford struggled as a single dad.
The comedian - who split from his wife Catherine in 2013 following allegations he exchanged a number of flirty Twitter messages with fans - has found it difficult to adapt to bringing up his three young daughters on his own.
He told the Daily Mirror newspaper: ''It's been an interesting time since I was a single dad. You don't realise how much work your missus was putting in until you do it yourself. I was like, 'This is dead hard, this.'
''It was actually only once I became a single dad I realised just how much work went into this child-rearing business.''
The 'A Question of Sport: Super Saturday' presenter - who resigned from the BBC's 'The One Show' following the scandal - decided to get his ''priorities'' in order and put his kids before work commitments.
He explained: ''I'm certainly a better ex-husband than I was a husband. I spent so many months putting work first, thinking I was planning for the future but forgetting about the right now.
''I always thought I was working around the kids but I don't think I was. Now I am. So if half-term comes up or summer holidays I won't do anything for work.
''I didn't miss the big things - I saw their first steps and first words. But I think my priorities have changed now.''
He added: ''Next time I tour I will just choose my favourite venues and I will do it for a few months and mix it up like that.''19-06-2014
- Danniella Westbrook to remarry 'by the end of the year'
- Ola Jordan blasts skimpy Strictly costumes
- Coronation Street's Steve McDonald's cancer scare
- Caroline Flack confirmed for Strictly Come Dancing
- Lauren Goodger likes controlling men
- Peter Andre won't do Celebrity Big Brother
- Sarah-Jane Crawford reveals Caroline Flack's Strictly secret
- Kelly Brook laughs off Chanelle Hayes' warnings