Jason Manford struggled as a single dad
Jason Manford struggled as a single dad.
The comedian - who split from his wife Catherine in 2013 following allegations he exchanged a number of flirty Twitter messages with fans - has found it difficult to adapt to bringing up his three young daughters on his own.
He told the Daily Mirror newspaper: ''It's been an interesting time since I was a single dad. You don't realise how much work your missus was putting in until you do it yourself. I was like, 'This is dead hard, this.'
''It was actually only once I became a single dad I realised just how much work went into this child-rearing business.''
The 'A Question of Sport: Super Saturday' presenter - who resigned from the BBC's 'The One Show' following the scandal - decided to get his ''priorities'' in order and put his kids before work commitments.
He explained: ''I'm certainly a better ex-husband than I was a husband. I spent so many months putting work first, thinking I was planning for the future but forgetting about the right now.
''I always thought I was working around the kids but I don't think I was. Now I am. So if half-term comes up or summer holidays I won't do anything for work.
''I didn't miss the big things - I saw their first steps and first words. But I think my priorities have changed now.''
He added: ''Next time I tour I will just choose my favourite venues and I will do it for a few months and mix it up like that.''19-06-2014
- Stevi Ritchie and Chloe Jasmine Whichello for Celebrity Big Brother
- Ashley Banjo marries girlfriend Francesca Abbott
- Sir Michael Parkinson: BBC 'barmy' for Jeremy Clarkson sacking
- Declan Donnelly dressed as woman on stag do
- Jameela Jamil wants to be reality TV show judge
- Marc O'Neil and Aisleyne Horgan-Wallace leave Big Brother
- Jake Quickenden's 'inner beauty'
- Simon Cowell defends Nick Grimshaw hiring: 'No one knew who I was'