Jeremy Paxman presents final Newsnight
Jeremy Paxman presented his final installment of 'Newsnight' last night (18.06.14).
The 63-year-old broadcaster thanked viewers for watching him on BBC Two's current affairs programme for 25 years as he signed off for the last time.
He said: ''Thank you for watching 'Newsnight'. I hope you continue to enjoy it. Goodnight and goodbye.''
However, in a funny moment after the credits, Paxman appeared on-screen again to front the weather update.
He quipped: ''And tomorrow's weather, more of the same. I don't know why they make such a fuss about it.''
The veteran TV presenter injected some humour into his final broadcast by interviewing the Mayor of London, Boris Johnson, while riding a tandem bicycle.
Paxman quizzed Johnson on his London bicycle hire scheme, famously dubbed 'Boris Bikes'.
The host announced his decision to quit the topical programme last month.
He said: ''After 25 years, I should rather like to go to bed at much the same time as most people.
''This was a decision I reached - and informed the BBC of - last July. I shall work out the remainder of my contract and will not seek another.
''It's been fun. I have had the pleasure of working with lots of clever, creative and amusing people. I think I've been lucky and wish the programme well.''
Paxman will continue to present 'University Challenge'.19-06-2014
- Coronation Street: Tisha Merry wants to educate on revenge porn
- Prince Andrew's ex-girlfriend to join Celebrity Big Brother?
- Stephanie Davis for Celebrity Big Brother?
- Benedict Cumberbatch had Victorian Sherlock doubts
- Sir Michael Caine's age almost made him quit acting
- Lady Colin Campbell plots revenge
- Ant and Dec starstruck by Kieron Dyer
- Tina O'Brien doesn't let daughter watch Coronation Street