Matt Smith is Noel Clarke's favourite Doctor
'Doctor Who' star Noel Clarke says Matt Smith is his favourite Doctor.
The 38-year-old actor - who played Mickey Smith in the BBC sci-fi drama - has appeared to snub his former co-stars Christopher Eccleston and David Tennant by selecting the Eleventh Doctor, who he didn't work, as his favourite incarnation of the Time Lord.
Asked who his favourite Doctor is, Noel told BANG Showbiz: ''Matt Smith. He had a different energy. He was just very different. Nobody thought he could match DT [David Tennant], but he did.''
Mickey also reveals that he hasn't ruled out a return to the hit show, which now stars Peter Capaldi as the Twelfth Doctor.
Speaking at the premiere of his new film 'The Anomaly', he said: ''If I was asked to go back then it would definitely be a consideration, yes.''
Noel was one of the original stars of the 2005 'Doctor Who' revival, playing the boyfriend of the Doctor's then-companion Rose Tyler (Billie Piper).
He appeared alongside Christopher Eccleston for one series, followed by numerous adventures with David Tennant.03-07-2014
- Farrah Abraham leads CBB eviction nominations
- Stephen Bear wouldn't fancy fat Vicky Pattison
- Brian McFadden 'flirted' with Ann Widdecombe
- Phillip Schofield and Holly Willoughby want to name puppy Clover
- Coronation Street's Jennie McAlpine 'pleased' to be raising awareness
- Jorgie Porter: Getting naked is 'invigorating'
- Bill Turnbull quits BBC Breakfast
- Helen George splits from husband