Su Pollard spurns I'm a Celebrity invite
Su Pollard has spurned the opportunity to take part in 'I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here!'
Bosses of the popular ITV show had wanted the comedy actress - who is best known for playing Peggy Ollerenshaw in 1980s sitcom 'Hi-De-Hi' - to appear on the next series, but Su admits she is too scared to participate.
The 64-year-old star explained: ''It's a great show but I've had to say no. I hate creepy crawlies and spiders and snakes, and I just know that I'd be a screamer that everyone picks on.''
She added to the Daily Star newspaper: ''I couldn't eat giraffe balls. I couldn't do those trials.
''The campers would end up anorexic by the end of the show.''
Su's attention is currently firmly fixed on rehearsing for the role of Maid Marian in a new comedy based on Robin Hood, called 'Ha Ha Ha Hood and The Prince of Leaves', which is to debut in Chelmsford on August 19.
The next series of 'I'm a Celebrity' - the fourteenth in total - is to hit to screens later this year.
Last year's jungle competition was won by former Westlife singer Kian Egan.
Notable contestants included Joey Essex, Amy Willerton and David Emmanuel.21-07-2014
- Simon Cowell on why 'The X Factor' 2014 was 'irritating'
- Daniel Baldwin: I'll quit CBB if they don't agree to terms
- Tila Tequila wants a second chance on CBB
- Jamie Laing wants to be British Jimmy Kimmel
- CBB's Bobby Davro allegedly 'had sex' with best friend's wife
- Cheryl Fernandez-Versini blasted by X Factor hopeful
- Google-obsessed Kirk Norcross
- Tila Tequila to sue CBB bosses?