Mary Berry pleased Paul Hollywood is back with wife
Mary Berry is pleased Paul Hollywood is back with his wife.
The 'Great British Bake Off' judge is delighted that Paul - who is her co-star on the BBC1 show - has been forgiven by his wife following an affair with his fellow 'The American Baking Competition' presenter Marcela Valladolid in 2013 and says he is much happier now he has been reunited with his family.
She told The Sun newspaper: ''What happens in Paul's private life is down to Paul. What I do want is to see Paul happy -- he deserves that.
''Alex is lovely and a great mum and they've got a lovely little boy.''
However, the 79-year-old cookery writer - who has helmed the series with the professional baker since 2010 - insists Paul has retained a naughty streak and still cracks jokes during filming.
She explained: ''I've been known to leave the room when Paul cracks one of his jokes or makes a comment that has innuendo in it.
''Some things I don't get but Paul can fall about in hysterics and that alone makes it difficult to concentrate.''
She added: ''Luckily, filming schedules aren't so tight that we can't take a break when we need to. Doing it live would be more of a challenge.''20-08-2014
- Craig Charles fears Coronation Street character will be killed off
- Lord Sugar wants to replace Donald Trump on The Apprentice
- James Jordan vows to be 'guest from hell' at Hotel Big Brother
- Suzi Perry hints at Top Gear job
- Gabby Logan's kids want her on Bear Grylls: Mission Survive
- Bruno Tonioli wants same-sex Strictly Come Dancing couples
- Michelle Keegan thought she'd have children by now
- Enzo Cilenti: Chris Pratt is an 'awesome bloke'