It’s finally here. The Samsung Galaxy S9 is the latest in mobile phone innovation, and it’s available with Virgin Mobile from just £31 a month. That’s the UK’s lowest monthly price with no upfront cost.
Launching on Friday 16 March – but available to pre-order with Virgin Mobile here – the phone is seriously out of this world. We say phone, but it’s so much more than a phone. The camera alone is something extraordinary.
Here are 9 things you really need to know about the Samsung Galaxy S9.
Plus, scroll down to the bottom of the page for your chance to win one to call your own…
1. The camera is exceptional
The camera radically slows down time to make everyday moments epic. It adapts like the human eye, too, so you can capture pictures in bright daylight, moonlight and super low light using its adjustable aperture.
2. All you need is your voice
The camera responds to voice thanks to Quick Command, so capturing those special moments has never been easier.
3. It turns you into an emoji
Have you ever wondered what you would look like as an emoji? Us too. But wonder no more, as the camera allows you to make your own personal avatar.
4. It’s got excellent speakers
Pro-tuned by AKG, the stereo speakers offer clear surround sound thanks to Dolby Atmos technology.
5. The Infinity Display will blow you away
See more. Hold less. The beautiful edge-to-edge Infinity Display may result in you gazing lovingly at your new gadget for hours.
6. It translates the world for you
Bixby Vision will translate the world around you – so next time you’re on holiday and you can’t quite work out what your menu is saying, let the Samsung Galaxy S9 help you and your stomach out.
7. It’s water resistant
Prone to dropping your phone in puddles, down toilets or generally spilling stuff? The Samsung Galaxy S9 has your name on it, as the phone is water resistant up to 15 metres.
8. Transferring everything to your new phone is quick and easy
Samsung Smart Switch takes the stress out of swapping phones. It’s so simple to transfer your contacts, settings and photos – all you need is WiFi, a USB and a PC or Mac.
9. It’s available with these exclusive Virgin Mobile benefits
With Virgin Mobile you get superfast 4G on all our flexible plans as standard, with 99 per cent population coverage. Keep your unused data to enjoy next month with Data Rollover, and tweet and message on Twitter, WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger without eating into your data. And, exclusively for Virgin Fibre customers, you can also cosy up to our new Truly Unlimited plan – forget restrictions and allowances and get some limitless love in your mobile life.
Fancy winning a Samsung Galaxy S9?
With our super giveaway, you could be the proud owner of this great piece of innovation. It couldn’t be simpler – all you have to do is email your name, with “Samsung S9” in the subject line to VirginTVEdit@virginmedia.co.uk before 11.59pm on Thursday 22 March – and it could be yours!
This competition is now closed
Samsung Galaxy S9 giveaway – Virgin Media Competition Terms and Conditions (Promotion)
1. Open to Virgin Media customers aged 18 or over and resident in the United Kingdom except employees of Virgin Media Limited, their immediate family members and anyone professionally connected with this Promotion.
2. The Promotion closes at 11.59pm on Thursday 22 March 2018. Entries received after the closing date will be invalid. Maximum of 1 entry per household.
3. To enter the Promotion you must email your name, with “Samsung S9” in the subject line by email to the address set out above, by the closing date Thursday 22 March 2018.
4. There is 1 (one) prize package – 1 (one) Samsung Galaxy S9 mobile phone.
5. There will be 1 (one) winner.
6. The winners will be selected at random from all valid entries received and will be notified by no later than Friday 23 March 2018. You will be notified if you have won a prize by phone or email and must claim your prize within 5 working days after having been notified.
7. Promoter is Virgin Media Limited. General Terms and Conditions apply.
For full Terms and Conditions click here.
Requires 36- or 24-month interest-free loan for handset and 30-day rolling contract for airtime. UK’s lowest monthly price: Comparison of our 36-month handset loan agreement and 1GB data, unlimited minutes, unlimited texts airtime plan against published standard pricing with no upfront cost from major competitors. Other operators offer 24- or 30-month loan terms. Verify at virginmedia.com/legalstuff. Data Rollover: Unused data from your inclusive monthly allowance will be added to next month’s allowance (Rollover Data). Rollover Data is used ahead of your monthly data. Unused Rollover Data expires at the end of that monthly allowance period. Data-Free messaging: Standard UK messaging (video, picture, audio, plus tweets and Twitter DMs) does not deplete data allowance. Calls (video and voice) and live video streaming excluded. When monthly allowance via standard data usage is reached you will be charged £3 per 1GB (or part thereof) a day (resetting at midnight that day). We welcome new messaging partners to this service.