How to manage my emails
Last updated: November 27, 2018
There are various different options available to keep your mailbox in Virgin Media Mail nice and tidy.
How to move messages How to move messages
You can organise your messages by moving individual messages or complete conversations into another folder. If you haven't set up your own personal folders yet, don't worry, take a look at Using Personal Folders in Virgin Media Mail.
- Select a message you want to move
- Click the More icon in the toolbar and then select Move from the menu. You can also use the Actions icon in the Detail view.
- In the Move window, select the folder you want to move your message to and then click on the Move button.
- Your message will now be moved into that folder.
You can also move multiple emails at once. For more about editing multiple emails at the same time, check Editing Multiple Messages at the same time in Virgin Media Mail.
You can also move messages using drag and drop. Just select the messages you want to move and simply drag them into a folder in the folder list.
How to copy a message How to copy a message
You can copy an individual message or a complete conversation to another folder in Virgin Media Mail.
- Select a message you want to copy
- Click the More icon in the toolbar and then select Copy from the menu. You can also use the Actions icon in the Detail view.
- In the Copy window, select the folder you want to copy the message to and then click on copy.
- Your message will now be copied into that folder
How to save a message How to save a message
You can save a message as a text file. The text file will be saved as a EML file.
- Select a message
- Click the More icon in the toolbar and select Save as file from the menu. You can also use the Actions icon in the Detail view.
- Follow the instructions for saving the EML file
How to print the content of an email
Sometimes you may find it handy to print something from your messages, like tickets or those very important confirmation messages. In Virgin Media Mail, you can easily print the contents of a message.
- Select a message you want to print
- Click the More icon in the toolbar and then click on Print in the menu. A window with a print preview opens. You can also use the Actions icon in the Detail view.
- If required, change the printer settings and then click on the Print button
- Close the print preview window
How to delete a folder How to delete a folder
Automatically filter messages
Virgin Media Mail's filters allow you to manage the flow of incoming messages. Using filters, you can automatically:
- Move messages into a specific folder
- Forward messages to another email address
- Mark messages as read
For more information on using filters, check Using Filters in Virgin Media Mail.
Cleaning up Email Folders Cleaning up Email Folders
If you use an email client, like Outlook, depending on the client settings you may find that messages you delete in the email client may not be deleted in Virgin Media Mail. These messages will be shown greyed out with a strike through on the text like this. You can easily delete those messages from Virgin Media Mail by using the Clean up option.
How to clean up an email folder
- Click the folder you want to clean up
- Click the Folder-specific actions icon next to the folder name
- Click on Clean up
Messages that you have deleted in your email client will be removed from the folder.