Set an out of office notification
Going on Holiday? Taking some time out? No problem! Use 'Holiday Notice' in Virgin Media Mail to let people know you won't be able to get back to them right away.
You can set up a 'Holiday Notice' response in your Virgin Media Mail account that will automatically reply to anyone who emails you. While the 'Holiday Notice' is enabled, Virgin Media Mail will send a response to anyone who contacts you.
How to create and activate a Holiday notice
Here's how to let people know you can't respond right away:
- Click the System menu icon on the right side of the menu bar
- Click the Settings menu option
- Expand Email options
- Select Holiday notice
- Enter a subject and text for the Holiday notice
- Specify how long you want to send another Holiday notice if there are several emails from the same person
- Specify which dates you want the Holiday notice is to be sent
- Activate the Holiday notice by enabling at least one address under Enabled for the following addresses
In order to turn off the Holiday notice, disable the email address under Enabled for the following addresses.
Keep in mind that your holiday notice response will start over each time you edit it -- if someone receives your initial out of office response, and then emails you again after you've edited the subject or body of the message, he or she will receive the edited response, too.
As the Holiday notice is entered as an email filter, you can also edit the Holiday notice in the email filter settings.