may apply for, or may apply to move their plan to, one of the following Essential broadband plans:
a) Essential broadband at £12.50 per month;
b) Essential broadband plus at £20 per month; or
c) Essential broadband plus with Stream at £20 per month & additional one-off £20 payment for Stream by contacting Virgin Media and requesting an Essential broadband plan through the Live Chat function found on the Virgin Media website.
2. Customers applying for Essential broadband, or upgrading to Essential broadband plus or Essential broadband plus with Stream, will not be eligible if they are currently in arrears or on a scheduled repayment plan.
3. In the event of a successful application, your existing services will be transferred to the Essential broadband plan you have chosen. Each of these Essential broadband plans are governed by our standard terms and conditions shown here. If you transfer to Essential broadband plus with Stream, our Stream terms and conditions, shown here, also apply.
4. If you currently receive TV or landline services from us, these services will be terminated if and when you transfer to an Essential broadband plan. You’ll need to ensure you have an alternative method of making calls, such as a mobile. If you rely on your landline for emergency calls, telehealth alarms or care devices (or other services that are supported by your landline) an Essential broadband plan may not be right for you at this time.
5. If you transfer to an Essential broadband plan, you will be ineligible for any future new customer discounts if and when you decide to transfer. Our Essential broadband plans are not a qualifying product for Volt benefits. If you are currently receiving Volt benefits and you transfer to an Essential broadband plan, your 02 SIM Volt benefits will continue until you recontract. On recontracting, you will not be eligible for any Volt benefits. Any discounts that you enjoyed on your previous plan prior to taking an Essential broadband plan will not transfer over to your new Essential broadband plan and if you ever transfer off your Essential broadband plan on to another plan, any discounts that you accrue whilst on your Essential broadband plan will not transfer over to that new plan.
6. Any add-on or inclusive services that you are receiving on your current package will be transferred to your Essential broadband plan subject to any eligibility conditions associated with those services. This may result in services being removed or in new charges being incurred by you for services previously discounted or waived.
7. If you currently have an Oomph bundle that includes a mobile SIM, you will need to transfer your SIM to one of our current 02 SIM only tariffs or cancel it . If your Oomph bundle includes a Freestyle handset agreement, this will be unaffected by a transfer to an Essential broadband plan and your monthly payment will need to be paid as normal.
9. If you transfer to an Essential broadband plan, your price won’t change whilst you are receiving any of the Benefits.