Accessibility and extra support
At Virgin Media, we want everybody to enjoy our great products and services. That's why we're doing everything we can to make them accessible for disabled people. You can find out more on our accessibility and vulnerability policy here.
It’s important to us that we treat all our customers fairly and support those who need a little extra help. As such we’ll always try to offer the most appropriate services for your personal circumstances, and help out where we can when circumstances require we do so.
If you have any specific needs or requirements, or you’re having difficulties you’d like to talk to us about, our customer service team is ready to help you however they can.
Using our website Using our website
We have endeavoured to make our site as user friendly as we can, as we want everyone who visits to have a great experience. Below is a list of keyboard shortcuts, assistive technologies and navigation tools we’ve implemented and we support to ensure pages are as accessible as possible.
Using our website
We have endeavoured to make our site as user friendly as we can, as we want everyone who visits to have a great experience. Below is a list of keyboard shortcust, assistive technologies and navigation tools we’ve implemented and we support to ensure pages are accessible as possible.
- Easy navigation for keyboard users.
- Links that work with screen readers.
- Links that are highlighted with keyboard focus.
- Skip navigation links let you skip content. For sighted users, the ‘skip to’ links are revealed by pressing the tab key after the page loads. Sometimes you can skip to different areas of the page.
Screen reader navigation
If you’re using a screen reader, you can browse this page by using these keyboard commands:
- H to move forwards through the page headings.
- Shift + H to move backwards through the page headings.
- 1 to navigate to the next level 1 heading (or 2 for the next level 2 heading, and so on until heading 6).
- Shift + 1 to navigate to the previous level 1 heading (same applies for headings 2 – 6).
- Insert + F5 to get a list of all form controls on the page.
- Insert + F6 to get a list of all headings on the page.
- Insert + F7 to get a list of all links on the page.
We’ve made this section of our site conform to the AA standard of the World Wide Web Consortium’s (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 (WCAG 2.0). These guidelines are recognised all over the world as a benchmark for building accessible, user friendly websites.
The following assistive technologies are compatible with this section. They won’t work on areas with accessibility limitations.
- JAWS version 12.0, 13 and 14 Screen Reader.
- Dragon Naturally Speaking 11 and 11.5
- ZoomText 9.1 and 10 Screen Magnifier.
- If you have any problems with older versions of these applications or other assistive technologies, please tell us.
Get in touch
Some of our call centres are closed, so please only call if you need to. Instead, please use the help available online. Find out more
Broadband, TV, Phone customers
Text us for free on 07533 051 809 ^
Text us for free on 07533 016 422 ^
Monday to Friday, 7am until 11pm
Saturday and Sunday, 8am until 8pm
Call our Customer Service team
Broadband, TV, Phone customers
Call 150 from your Virgin Media phone or mobile, or call 0345 454 1111 * from any other phone
Call 789 from your Virgin Media mobile, or call 0345 600 0789 * from any other phone
Monday to Friday, 8am until 9pm
Saturday, 8am until 8pm
Sunday, 8am until 6pm
Text Relay Service
RelayUK helps deaf, speech impaired and hearing impaired people to talk to each other over the phone & via an app using the relay service.
To contact us via RelayUK you can download Relay UK app or call us free on 18001 0800 052 2164
Video Relay Service
Video Relay allows British Sign Language users connect to us via an interpreter
Monday to Sunday, 8am until midnight
*For call costs to our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit our call costs page. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary.
^The text is free for Virgin Mobile customers, or will be charged at your mobile provider’s standard rates.