Make a copy of one of the below documents to send with your completed form
Civil partnership certificate
Deed poll documentation
Note: If we've made a mistake with how your name is spelled on your account, then you can also use this form and simply include the details of what we need to correct.
Once we’ve got the form
Once we’ve received your information we’ll aim to change the name on the account within 48 hours of receipt of the completed form and documentation. Your services will remain unaffected whilst we update your account
Note: You can’t use this form to change the person responsible for the account. Please see the Account Transfer section for details on how to change the account holder.
Before you start
- First you’ll need to have lived in the same address as the other person for at least six months.
- You can only transfer a broadband, TV or phone account to someone else. If you have a Virgin Mobile account then you can't transfer this to another person.
- The person taking over the account will be entering into a minimum term contract
- We’ll need to carry out a credit check on the person who is taking over the account – if there are any problems with this check, we’ll get in touch to let them know
- Until the account has been completely transferred, the current account holder is still responsible for any outstanding balance on the account
- Prices quoted are for Direct Debit and eBilling. Any Direct Debit previously in place will not be used on the new account. If you choose to pay by any method other than Direct Debit, you will incur a monthly charge of £0.13, payable to Virgin Media Payments for payment handling services. Customers not taking eBilling will be subject to a further charge for paper bills
- A £20 administration fee will be added to the account. This is to cover the cost of transferring all the details and setting up the new account
Hand written documents are not acceptable to process your application and if you’ve lived at your address for less than 3 years documents required will be from your current address and one from your previous address. All documents must be less than 6 months old for a current address and no more than 3 months old prior to leaving a previous address.
- A utility bill - like a gas, water or electricity bill
- Recent home phone bill
- Bill from another TV or broadband supplier
- Bank or credit card statement
- Current year Council Tax Assessment
- Paid invoice from a mail order company
- Valid home insurance certificate
- Notice of Tax Coding from HM Revenue and Customs
- Social Security documentation
- Current driving licence
Once we’ve got the form
Once we’ve received your information we’ll aim to change the name on the account within 10 days of receipt of the completed form and documentation. The old account will be closed down and a new one will be created in name of the person taking over the account.
Any existing My Virgin Media details, including any email addresses, will be deleted 90 days after the account transfer has completed.