How do I copy my Virgin TV settings to another TV box?
If your Virgin TV V6 or TiVo box has been swapped for a new one or you have taken an extra box on the same account, you can copy some of the settings to your new box.
What can be copied?
The settings you can copy are:
- Series Links
- Thumb ratings
- Auto record Wishlists
Note: Existing recordings cannot be copied between any Virgin TV box. Copying series link settings between a Virgin TV V6 or TiVo box will only apply for any future recordings you have planned.
How to copy settings
To copy settings you’ll need to use a browser rather than the Virgin TV Control app.
If swapping a Virgin TV V6 or TiVo for a new box, you can copy settings within 14 days of activating your new equipment, but after that your settings from the original equipment won’t be available.
Note: You can’t copy settings from the same box back onto itself if you’ve reset your V6 or TiVo box.
To copy your settings:
- Go to manage-virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/tivo/boxswap
- Sign in with your primary My Virgin Media username and password
- Click Copy TiVo Settings from the menu on the left
- Choose the Virgin TV V6 or TiVo box you’d like to copy from. If your box has been replaced it can take up to 48 hours to show, so you may need to check back if it doesn't appear
- Choose the box you’d like to copy the settings to
- And lastly, the settings you’d like to copy!
You can review any changes and confirm you’re happy with them. After you get a confirmation message through, it can take up to 30 minutes for the new settings to activate.
Identifying your Virgin TV box
If you’ve renamed your Virgin TV V6 or TiVo box, you’ll see the box name on the Copy TiVo Settings page.
For more information on naming your box, see Personalise your Virgin TV box.
If you haven’t renamed your Virgin TV V6 or TiVo box, you can identify which name refers to which box by finding the TiVo Service Number. This number is a unique code for each box.
To find this:
- Press Home on the remote
- Select Help & Settings
- Select System Info
- Select System Info again
- The TiVo Service Number will appear on the first screen
Note: Only the last four digits of the TiVo Service Number will show on the Copy TiVo settings page.