Nine tips to tackle internet speed issues
Unplug it, wait for a bit, plug it in again and retry the speed test.
Sometimes older routers are not capable of delivering faster broadband speeds. Check with your provider to see if it’s fit for purpose.
Turn off every device using the internet one-by-one and see if your internet speed is affected. One of them could be taking up more WiFi bandwidth than you thought.
Cordless phones and microwaves play havoc with WiFi, so turn them off and retry the internet speed test.
Put it higher up and more centrally in your home. If it’s closer to you and has fewer obstacles to navigate, its signal will be stronger.
Get rid of old, overly long Ethernet cables and replace them with new, shorter ones. This can make a big difference to internet speed.
Check that your router has the most up-to-date firmware installed. Old firmware can mean slower internet speed.
There might be an internet problem in your area or they might need to send an engineer out to inspect your setup and improve your speed. Be aware: they may charge you for this.
When it comes to the internet, faster is always better
If you’re experiencing internet speed issues or you’re unhappy with the service you currently get, please note that with Virgin Media you get:
- Our Intelligent WiFi, designed to automatically sort WiFi issues for you
- Uninterrupted streaming of your favourite movies and TV shows with seamless gaming
- Hubs made to handle our ultrafast broadband speeds and get WiFi right to where you need it
- 99.94% reliability when we’ve measured our network’s performance in connected homes
- Our QuickStart self-install box if your home is Virgin Media ready.