I'm having issues connecting to Virgin Media hotspots using the Connect app
Why can't I connect to the WiFi hotspots?
Uh-oh! Please follow these troubleshooting tips to get you back online as soon as possible.
- Is your device’s WiFi turned on?
- Double check your device’s settings has WiFi switched on
- Check your Virgin Media WiFi hotspots account status
- Go to the Connect app's Settings menu
- Check your account status. This will double check whether your account is active in order to connect to our WiFi hotspots
- Check the app is set up correctly (iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch only)
- If you need to set up the hotspots on your device again, you can do this in the Settings section of the Connect app
Please also remember that the range of WiFi hotspots is limited and that our WiFi hotspot map can be used for guidance but can't display the exact location or range of a specific hotspot
I’m seeing an error message in the Connect app?
If the account status check returns an error message saying we can't check your account at this time, please make sure you have good connectivity and retry. Or just try again later.
If the check returns an error message about your account, please message us using the webchat button in Help. We'll be happy to help you out.
The account status is OK but I’m still having issues?
If the check confirms your account status is OK but you're still having issues connecting to some of our public WiFi hotspots, there's every chance you're not actually in range of a hotspot.
Please remember this status checker only checks your eligibility status for our WiFi hotspot service. It doesn't test the quality of your current mobile or WiFi connection.
To check your service status for your home Virgin Fibre service you can use the My Virgin Media app. See Testing your TV and Broadband services with the My Virgin Media app for more details.