As The Rook, made by us, just for you, lands on Virgin Media, we’re giving you the chance to win a 4K TV!
The Rook 4K TV competition
The Rook, available exclusively on Virgin Media in the UK from Monday 1 July, is the new supernatural thriller you need to know about. It’s based on author Daniel O’Malley’s debut novel and now it’s being brought to life on the Virgin TV Ultra HD channel. To celebrate, we’re giving you the chance to win a Samsung RU8000 65'' 4K Smart Premium UHD TV! Scroll down the page for more information on how to enter.
Set in London, you’ll recognise many of the locations that feature in The Rook, including St Paul’s Cathedral, Soho and Tate Modern. But the events that follow add a thrilling, sinister sheen to the sights and sounds of the capital city.
Myfanwy Thomas (Emma Greenwell, Shameless) wakes up next to the Millennium Bridge in the pouring rain, the only survivor in a circle of dead bodies. She has no memory of how she got there, what happened or who she is. With some help, she soon discovers she’s part of the Checquy – a secret government organisation for people with paranormal abilities. Myfanwy is faced with a choice: start over under a new identity, or help to find the killer.
Virgin Media customers with a V6 box on the Full House TV package will be able to watch The Rook exclusively from Monday 1 July, at 10pm on Virgin TV Ultra HD (CH 999). If you miss out, you’ll be able to watch in Catch Up TV.
Before you immerse yourself in the supernatural world of The Rook, click/hover on the image below to learn more about Myfanwy’s inner circle, then read on to find out more about our amazing competition.
Win a 4K TV!
This competition is now closed. Good luck if you entered!
To celebrate the launch of The Rook, we are giving you the chance to win a 4K TV, so you can watch this incredible new show in all its glory!
To be in a with a chance of winning, simply watch the following trailer, then answer the question below.
Complete the quote taken from the above trailer: “You have extreme abilities. Abilities that are only possible at the farthest reach of …”
A) Your imagination
B) Human biology
C) The mind
Email your answer – A, B or C – to VirginTVEdit@virginmedia.co.uk with The Rook 4K TV competition in the subject line by 11.59pm on Friday 5 July 2019.
TV channels: Channels, content and features available depend on your chosen package. Channel line-ups and content are subject to change at any time and to regional variations.
HD: HD TV set, V HD Box, TiVo box or Virgin TV V6 connected with HDMI cables required for HD channels. Number of inclusive HD channels depends on package.
On Demand: Content available to view depends on TV package. Time limits apply for viewing chargeable On Demand content – see virginmedia.com. Once purchased, all chargeable On Demand content must be viewed within 48 hours. Premium channels and upgrades must be kept for at least 30 days.
Virgin TV UHD channel: Available to Full House TV customers only. Primetime only – see channel for programming schedule each day. 4K enabled TV/device and V6 box required to watch content in UHD. Quality assumes your equipment is working at optimum standard.
The Rook 4K TV competition – Virgin Media Competition Terms and Conditions (Promotion)
1. Open to Virgin Media customers aged 18 or over and resident in the United Kingdom except employees of Virgin Media Limited, their immediate family members and anyone professionally connected with this Promotion.
2. The Promotion opens at 3pm on Wednesday 19 June and closes at 11.59pm on Friday 5 July 2019. Entries received after the closing date will be invalid. Maximum of 1 entry per household.
3. To enter the Promotion you must complete and send an email with The Rook 4K TV competition in the subject line and the correct answer to the question to VirginTVEdit@virginmedia.co.uk before the closing date.
4. There are 3 prizes in total. 3 Samsung RU8000 65'' 4K Smart Premium UHD TVs.
5. There will be 3 winners. Each winner will be allocated one prize per person.
6. In the event that a Samsung RU8000 65'' 4K Smart Premium UHD TV is not available, Virgin Media reserve the right to provide an alternative television with similar specifications.
7. The winners will be selected at random from all valid entries received and will be notified by no later than 11.59pm on Monday 8 July 2019. You will be notified if you have won a prize by email and must claim your prize within 3 working days after having been notified.
8. Promoter is Virgin Media Limited. General Terms and Conditions apply.
For general Terms and Conditions click here.