How do I use the TV Control app as a TV remote?
If you want to control your Virgin TV V6 or Tivo box with your mobile or tablet or if you temporarily need a way of controlling your Virgin TV box whilst you are waiting for a replacement if your remote is lost or damaged then TV Control is the app for you.....
Download the app
If you have downloaded the TV Control App and have a My Virgin Media account set up – jump straight to step 3
- Download the TV Control App to your Device
- Make sure you can access your My Virgin Media account
- Check your mobile device is connected to the same Wi-Fi as the Virgin Hub and Virgin TV V6 or Tivo box
Using your device as a Remote control
To use your device as a remote control make sure you have followed the above steps and;
- The Virgin TV V6 or TiVo box is connected to the Hub and on the Home Wi-Fi network
- Your mobile or the device you want to use as a remote is on the Home Wi-Fi network
- You have downloaded the Virgin TV Control app and logged in using your My Virgin Media details
Open the App
- Tap to open the TV Control App
- Tap the remote control icon at the top right of the screen
- If prompted with a message advising you are not connected to the Virgin TV V6 or TiVo box on the home network, press connect to enable and open the remote control
Once you’ve finished using the onscreen remote control just tap the remote icon at the top of the On-screen remote control.
Your onscreen remote control looks just like your Virgin TV V6 or TiVo remote. Drag your finger up and down the screen to see the buttons you can use. They work like those on your remote control.
- Tap Home on the top of the screen to bring up the Home screen on your TV
- Use the buttons to navigate around the menus
- Tap the keypad icon at the top of your screen to bring up the onscreen keypad
- To control a recording or pause live TV, use the buttons in the middle screen to play, fast-forward, rewind, pause, skip forward and go back
- The buttons also let you play in slow motion, record, use Thumbs Up or Down or stop a video
- The bottom screen gives you the number keypad so you can select channels
If you prefer using swiping gestures to control your TV, tap the Gestures near the top right of the screen and you’ll see the gesture pad area.
This allows you to control your Virgin TV V6 or TiVo at the touch of your fingertips by using touch-screen gestures.
- Tap the icon to see how to use these
- The remote control feature can be set up with as many devices as you like, as long as the device is connected to the same home network as your Virgin TV V6 or TiVo box.
- f you’re out and about you’ll see the remote icon has an exclamation mark or an orange ‘x’ over it. You can only use the remote control feature when you are on the same home network as your Virgin TV V6 or TiVo box.