Premium call add-ons
We like to think our home phone premium call add-ons are the cream of the crop. They allow you to personalise your landline package for an extra charge with calling features and add-ons that matter to you. Let’s take you through how to add maximum value to your house phone to enhance your talk time with friends and family.
Don’t want any expensive surprises when you get your home phone line bill? With this Premium Number barring call feature, also known as ‘call barring’, you’ll be able to block your choice of outgoing calls, such as those to premium-rate telephone numbers or international numbers.
Say goodbye to nuisance calls or simply callers who withhold their phone number. With this add-on you have control over which calls come through to you for as long as it’s active. Bear in mind that any landline with a number withhold add-on won’t be able to call you if you have this calling feature in place.
If you’re not a fan of answering the phone to numbers you don’t recognise then caller display is for you. It allows you to see who’s calling – their number or caller ID will show up on your handset if it’s compatible – and you can decide whether to take the call or not.
Going to be away from home for an extended period or do you simply not want to miss a call? With call divert you can divert incoming landline calls to another number. This can be a landline number or a mobile.
Get notified when someone else is calling you while you’re on the phone. You’ll hear a tone when a second call comes in without losing your first call. It’s brilliant to have and means you’ll never miss an important phone call again.
Similar to reminder calls from helpful reception staff at hotels, you can set a reminder call (like an alarm clock) to your landline to spur you into action for whatever’s on your list. Be sure to set the reminder more than fifteen minutes before the allotted time and you’ll get the phone call at the time you set.
Spend less time dialling and more time chatting with quick dial, the perfect shortcut for calling family and friends.
Go one step further and talk with two of your favourite people on your landline at the same time. It’s the perfect way to catch up without having to schedule different call times around your lunch or dinner.
Trying to get hold of someone but their number is constantly engaged? Take the frustration out of dialling their number multiple times with this add-on. When it’s in place you can set up an automatic call to ring you back when the other person’s line is free.
With Voice and Voicemail Plus, you can listen to messages from callers that you missed when you were out or on the phone. We’ve been improving our services to one that’s simpler, easy to use and access.
Virgin Landline Voicemail is free to use, and it lets you record your own personal greeting – and you don’t necessarily need a handset with a built in answer machine. We’ll automatically add this feature to all new accounts. All you need to do is dial 1571 to get started.
You can also do the following:
- Check your messages – You’ll hear a dial tone whenever you pick up your receiver if you have a new message. To listen to it, all you need to do is dial 1571 and follow the instructions. Your messages will play in date and time order.
- Save messages – You can store messages after you’ve listened to them. To save them, you’ll need to select the option otherwise we will only store messages for 3 days. You’re able to save up to 10 messages at a time. Any message you haven’t played will be stored for 21 days before they’re automatically deleted.
- Change the number of rings – Your phone will ring 10 times before diverting to voicemail, but you can reduce this number if you want to.
With Voicemail Plus, our chargeable service, you’ll be able to listen to messages and change your voicemail settings wherever you are. You’ll also be able to set up a PIN so that you can access your messages on a landline or mobile phone at any time.
Voicemail Plus also lets you:
- Set up immediate call divert – Send incoming calls straight to Voicemail Plus (without your phone ringing) when you need a bit of quiet.
- Save messages – You can save messages when it suits you. And if you listen to a message but don’t save it, we’ll store it for 10 days. You’re able to save up to 30 messages at a time. Any message you haven’t played will be stored for 21 days before they’re automatically deleted.
- Listen to messages anywhere – You can pick up your messages even when you’re not at home.
- Set up a Voicemail Plus PIN – Keep your messages safe by creating a personal PIN. Only you, or anyone else you share the PIN with, will be able to listen to your messages.
Landline calling features FAQs
All of the calling features listed on this page come included with your package, so they’re free of charge! We also offer some premium landline calling features for a small subscription charge. You can see how much these cost on our charges page.
The legal stuff
No setup fee
This offer means you won’t pay the usual setup fee of £35. No setup fee is available on all broadband, TV and home phone bundles until 21st December 2022. If you are eligible for a QuickStart self-install kit, but choose to use an engineer for your installation, you’ll still be charged £30 for this service.
- Read the terms on the Priority app or at o2.co.uk/terms
Fastest WiFi guarantee of any major provider
Comparing WiFi guarantees of major UK ISPs. Terms of guarantee vary by provider. To verify click here. Virgin Fibre Areas only. Available with M50 broadband or faster. £8p/m extra or included with Gig1 or Volt. At least 20Mbps download speeds in every room or £100 one-off credit. Up to 3 WiFi Pods if needed. Excludes broadband faults and broadband network outages. Further exclusions & legal stuff apply.
UK’s fastest widely available broadband
Virgin Media Gig1 (average download speed 1130Mbps) vs fastest widely available average download speeds of UK ISPs. For verification see virginmedia.com/fast