To celebrate the early release, we’ve got a special giveaway for you…
Buy Peter Rabbit™ now on the Virgin Media Store and rent on Virgin Movies from 23 July. Cert PG
When it comes to family-friendly movies with a furry, loveable star, bears have a bit of a monopoly right now. Don’t get us wrong, Paddington 2 is one of the most delightful movies ever made, and we can’t wait for Christopher Robin to come out, but it’s time to give another animal a chance. It’s time for the year of the rabbit!
James Corden is the voice of Peter in this laugh-a-minute adaptation of Beatrix Potter’s classic books. And, true to form, Peter, his cousin Benjamin (Colin Moody) and his triplet sisters Flopsy, Mopsy and Cotton-tail (I, Tonya’s Margot Robbie, The Great Gatsby’s Elizabeth Debicki and Star Wars: The Last Jedi’s Daisy Ridley) are up to no good.
Despite being adapted from a British classic, there’s a fair bit of Aussie influence in this film. Not only does Margot Robbie narrate as Flopsy, but award-winning singer/songwriter Sia is the voice of Mrs Tiggy-Winkle and Rose Byrne (Bridesmaids) plays Bea – a human friend of the rabbits, who is based on Potter herself. She becomes a de facto mother to the orphaned bunnies, but their blissful lives are thrown a curveball with the arrival of Thomas McGregor (About Time’s Domhnall Gleeson), an uptight, controlling workaholic from London, who kicks the rabbits out of the country manor they’ve been exploring and goes to war with Peter and his friends.
Check out this exclusive clip!
James Corden might be a superstar chat show host in America now, but he’s equally at his best playing a thrifty rabbit scrumping for carrots and cabbages. His cheeky chappie demeanour is perfect for bringing Peter to life, sending adults on a nostalgic trip down memory lane and making children fall in love with the beloved character for the very first time.
So hop on the sofa, burrow into the cushions with a nice cup of tea and prepare fur some wholesome family fun.
Win a rabbity treat
To celebrate its arrival on the Virgin Media Store, we’re giving you the chance to win one of four prizes:
- A cuddly Peter Rabbit™ talking toy featuring the voice of James Corden and five phrases including “Hello, I’m Peter Rabbit”, “More radishes and carrots please!”, and “Has anyone seen Mr McGregor?”
- A Build A Bear™ special movie edition Peter Rabbit™ toy
- A Peter Rabbit™ all-in-one costume including a hooded character head and brilliant blue jacket
- A giant floor puzzle, a Grow You Own Plant kit with English daisies and a Peter Rabbit™ Pawsome Activity Kit
To be in with a chance of winning, answer the question below:
Which Australian musician voices Mrs Tiggy-Winkle?
A) Natalie Imbruglia
C) Kylie Minogue
Email your answer – A, B or C – to VirginTVEdit@virginmedia.co.uk with Peter Rabbit in the subject line by 11.59pm on Monday 16 July. Get searching for that lucky rabbit’s foot!
This giveaway is now closed.
And don’t worry if you don’t win, because we’ve got a free Peter Rabbit™ movie party pack filled with fun activities to get you in the mood! Just click on the image below to start downloading yours now...
Not heard about the Virgin Media Store?
It’s the place where you can buy hundreds of ace films and TV Box Sets. Want to know more about how to order these top movies and series? Then read our full story here.
How to use it
First, set up your account quickly and easily at virginmediastore.com. Once that’s done, if you have a Virgin TV box, you can buy and watch hundreds of films and TV Box Sets via the Virgin Media Store app on your box. Alternatively, if you’re not a Virgin TV customer, you can buy and watch via the Virgin Media Store website and do everything through that. Simple!
Virgin Media Store: Separate terms and conditions apply to the Virgin Media Store service. DVD included for movie purchases only. Purchases must be made on the website or set top box. Compatible device & browser required. Max 5 registered devices. Max 2 devices can stream content simultaneously. Stream and download in UK only (or while temporarily in the EU).
Peter Rabbit – Virgin Media Competition Terms and Conditions (Promotion)
1. Open to Virgin Media customers aged 18 or over and resident in the United Kingdom except employees of Virgin Media Limited, their immediate family members and anyone professionally connected with this Promotion.
2. The Promotion opens on Tuesday 10 July and closes at 11.59pm on Monday 16 July 2018. Entries received after the closing date will be invalid. Maximum of 1 entry per household.
3. To enter the Promotion you must complete and send an email with Peter Rabbit in the subject line to VirginTVEdit@virginmedia.co.uk before the closing date.
4. There are 4 prizes: 1 x Rainbow talking Peter Rabbit™ plush (RRP £19.99), 1 x Build A Bear™ Peter Rabbit™ plush (RRP £18.50), 1 x Smiffy’s dress-up costume (RRP £25.99), 1 x Jumbo Games puzzle (RRP £12.99) + Grow Your Own seed can (RRP £3.00) + Penguin Activity book (RRP £3.99)
5. There will be 4 winners. Each winner will be allocated a prize at random.
6. The winners will be selected at random from all valid entries received and will be notified by no later than Friday 20 July. You will be notified if you have won a prize by email and must claim your prize within 5 working days after having been notified.
7. Promoter is Virgin Media Limited. General Terms and Conditions apply.
For full Terms and Conditions click here.